Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need Help Saving Pics from Webpage

Need Help Saving Pics from Webpage

tag1982

It NEVER used to do this before... when I try to save a picture from a
webpage it comes up as Untitled and forces me to save as a Bitmap file, even
when the original image is a jpg or gif!

Does anyone know how to get it back so when I try to save example1.jpg it
comes up as example1.jpg instead of Untitled.bmp

Let me know, thanks..

please send me an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) as I don't check the boards
often

THANKS

Boomer

tag1982 said:

> It NEVER used to do this before... when I try to save a picture
> from a webpage it comes up as Untitled and forces me to save as
> a Bitmap file, even when the original image is a jpg or gif!
>
> Does anyone know how to get it back so when I try to save
> example1.jpg it comes up as example1.jpg instead of Untitled.bmp
>
> Let me know, thanks..
>
> please send me an email to (E-Mail Removed) as I don't check
> the boards often
>

> THANKS

Microsoft KB Article - 250747 - Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save
Picture As' Does Not Save Image
with Correct Extension
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;250747>

Search MS Knowledge Base
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

I hope these help.

Blinky the Shark

tag1982 wrote:

> It NEVER used to do this before... when I try to save a picture from a
> webpage it comes up as Untitled and forces me to save as a Bitmap file, even
> when the original image is a jpg or gif!

> Does anyone know how to get it back so when I try to save example1.jpg it
> comes up as example1.jpg instead of Untitled.bmp

What is your browser? Is this a secret?

> Let me know, thanks..

> please send me an email to (E-Mail Removed) as I don't check the boards

This is not a board.

> often

No. Usenet (which is what this is) is for sharing.

--
Blinky Linux RU 297263
Nixon's secretary now at MS? http://snurl.com/rosemary