Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Request for Review

Request for Review

07-01-2005
I want to request for Review on softwares like pop-up blockers or spy program cleaner my GF (Girl Friend but sometimes my Guardian Force**FF terms**) always used my computer to surf on weird stuff and got me tons of Spy programs and those spy pop-ups. PLEASE the GREAT Review GODS of VelocityReviews !!! Help me out there are tons of those programs out there don't know where to get.. and please review those that can buy in stores.. I found alot of them they have like 1 locations and they only sell online... I can't trust my creditcard number to them... Please let us know what's good to buy !!! Thank You Review Gods of VelocityReviews !!

07-01-2005
Hey even though I'm not a official reviewer.. I suggest using Microsoft Antispyware. I will post a full review on it with full how to and stuff like that. But wait for the review because there are a few things you need to configure with it.

07-01-2005
>_< Use Ad-Aware program. They're the best to get rid of the spywares

07-01-2005
No, ad-aware costs money and they don't get everything..

07-01-2005
Ad-aware is free.
Just use Ad-aware, SpyBot Search and Destroy, and Microsoft's Antispyware. You'll be set.

07-01-2005
Ad-Aware has a free verison but I use their SE Pro version though I don['t ever use and never use a anti-virus program I am pretty careful when I surf. I still can't believe people out there who still get crap on thier computers. If you get a pop for just click cancel or the "x". I had to help my sister over the phone because she got alot of spam and viruses and her virus scanner is really old and nothing to remove the spam. Very frustrating. Gotta love warez.

07-01-2005
i also use adaware though I think these pop up programs are not that effective and sometimes quite annoying as some sites you want the popup, is there a way to desing certain site works while other snot? thank

07-01-2005
Item: Microsoft AntiSpyware (Beta 1)
Version: 1.0.614
Introduction: A while back one of the most unsuspected companies decided to join the fight against spyware.
At first everyone thought it was a joke and it was another sloppy program put together by Microsoft. Well, they
were wrong.
SpyNet™: Microsoft thought outside the box and developed their own spyware alert network. This is a free
option in the program that allows your computer to connect to the massive network of computers. If one computer
becomes infected by a brand new unknown Trojan the network is alerted and responds to all the other computers
with a security advisory with the program name.
Spyware Removal: This program is one of the best one I have seen out in a while. Although some spyware require
several programs to remove them MS AntiSpyware brings the best of all the worlds together into one easy to use
program.
Options:
AutoUpdater is a automatic updater for MS AntiSpyware. You can set a specific time that it searches for
new updates or do it manually.
Real-Time Protection is covered in the next section but for now you want to enable it.
Alerts just tells you a program is suspicious on your system it might just be nothing.
The SpyNet community we have covered and you want to enable this option.
The General button lets you select which type of user you are and this will affect how user friendly the program is to you.
Real-Time Protection: One of the great features is that it has a real-time agent that stops spyware in its tracks.
Also there is an agent for the Internet, local programs and system checkpoints. The system agent protects from
spyware which my have affected windows and is corrupting programs now.
Tracks Eraser: A great small added feature that lets you erase those nauty tracks you left behind on programs.
The big plus it cover a variety of programs but does not like many programs include FireFox. You can find this
option in the advanced tools button.
Concluding Notes: This one of the best programs for preventing and removing spyware for your system.
Be sure to go through all the settings and enable what you see is the best for you. So if you have a low amount
of ram you probably don't want it starting up with windows. For a full arsonal of anti-spyware programs you might
want to get "Spybot - Search & Destroy", SpywareBlaster and now that I am informed that Ad-Aware is free add that
too. For free virus protection you can check out Avast Home Edition.
You can download MS AntiSpyware at Microsoft.com

07-02-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUTALE
i also use adaware though I think these pop up programs are not that effective and sometimes quite annoying as some sites you want the popup, is there a way to desing certain site works while other snot? thank
You can allow them for both firefox and IE

07-02-2005
How about i take a few and make a review?, i will probably use MS AntiSpy, Ad-Aware, and other
What u say then we can get some answers on which is better?