Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Query: Sys Info/IE

Query: Sys Info/IE

Twobtold

Hi --
Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000), Dell Dimension 8100, 512 mb Memory
When I run System Information and look at Internet Explorer>Cache>List of
Objects, I see a list of ten items. There are four headings atop these items:
Program File Status Version Code Base
The 'Status' of the 10 items are: 6 Damaged; 3 Installed; and 1 Not Available

My question: Do I have to do anything to repair the 'damaged' items? If so,
what and how? How did they get damaged in the first place? IE seems to be OK.

°Mike°

These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
Explorer, navigate to:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
use an application that needs them.

You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
properties, from a right click.

On 23 Sep 2003 05:17:05 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Twobtold scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Twobtold

>From: °Mike° http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
><(E-Mail Removed)>

>These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
>Explorer, navigate to:
>C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

>Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
>If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
>will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
>use an application that needs them

>You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
>properties, from a right click.

Indeed, we are in a fast-paced world.
Thanks for your help

°Mike°

On 23 Sep 2003 05:45:17 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Twobtold scrawled:

>>From: °Mike° (E-Mail Removed)
>><(E-Mail Removed)>

>>These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
>>Explorer, navigate to:
>>C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

>>Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
>>If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
>>will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
>>use an application that needs them

>>You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
>>properties, from a right click.

>Indeed, we are in a fast-paced world.
>Thanks for your help

You're welcome.