Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Zone alarm and a home network

Zone alarm and a home network

Freshman

Hi

I use Zone Alarm at home and have just set up a network so I can share files
and printer with my laptop, but zone alarm won't allow the laptop to access
the PC. Is there a way of letting local networks access?

TIA

ilmc

Freshman typed:
> Hi
>
> I use Zone Alarm at home and have just set up a network so I can
> share files and printer with my laptop, but zone alarm won't allow
> the laptop to access the PC. Is there a way of letting local networks
> access?
>
> TIA

You need to tell ZoneAlarm that your local subnet is "trusted". Who you do
this depends on what flavour of ZA you have.

Robbo

> I use Zone Alarm at home and have just set up a network so I can share

files
> and printer with my laptop, but zone alarm won't allow the laptop to

access
> the PC. Is there a way of letting local networks access?

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...id=cfg&page=23

Freshman

Thanks guys
news:bknmd5$jbc$(E-Mail Removed)...