Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus, Virus, Virus.....

Virus, Virus, Virus.....

Phil B

Was wondering if it were possible to set my Norton mail scan to be able to
automatically delete virus e-mails instead of telling me every time and
asking if I would like to quarantine it?
What with all the virus's and worms ect there seem to be all of a sudden I
thought it would be much more practical.

--
24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case... coincidence?

Phil

Ionizer

"Phil B" <(E-Mail Removed)-ME.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bkmtlc$kq8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was wondering if it were possible to set my Norton mail scan to be able to
> automatically delete virus e-mails instead of telling me every time and
> asking if I would like to quarantine it?
> What with all the virus's and worms ect there seem to be all of a sudden I
> thought it would be much more practical.
>

> --
> 24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case... coincidence?
>
> Phil

I've installed and recommend MailWasher: http://www.mailwasher.net/ It lets
me view and delete offending messages from the server without downloading
them.

Regards,
Ian.

DaveW

Under NAV Email options:
"Repair then silently delete if unsuccessful."

You will still have the email, but not the alerts or the infected attachment.