Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what printer

what printer

john marsden

after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone know
of a good ink jet printer?
john
marsden.

Miggsee

I prefer HP. Stay away from the cheap Lexmarks!

"john marsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkmo36$e6j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

know
> of a good ink jet printer?
> john
> marsden.

Ski

>I prefer HP. Stay away from the cheap Lexmarks!
>
>"john marsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bkmo36$e6j$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

>know
>> of a good ink jet printer?
>> john
>> marsden.

Stay away from all cheap printers.
The midrange to expensive Lexmarks
are about the best deal...IMO.

HOWEVER, the all-in-one model
printer-scanner-faxes are about the equ of
a swiss army knife...
(not a good knife,,,not a good screwdriver...not a good can opener...
but hey, it's all there...)

If you root around on Lexmark's site,
you'll find a contact page,
they'll get back to ya in a couple days
and you can discuss your needs with them.

If you'd hooked up as many customer supplied HPs as I have,
you'd see they're better doorstops than they are printers...LOL!

Ski

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 22 Sep 2003
12:57:27 +0100, john marsden uttered:

I'm using a Canon bubblejet, & have no problems with it.

> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone know
> of a good ink jet printer?
> john
> marsden.

Miggsee

The networked Lexmarks are very good, $$$$$$$, but difficult to repair.
Small Lexmarks are junk! I service over 100 <1 year old Lexmarks, and they
reek! However, our 6 year old HPs are just beginning to lose the ability to
pick up paper. Running a sheet of paper through the printer, which has had
hairspray sprayed on the paper, works wonders!

"Ski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I prefer HP. Stay away from the cheap Lexmarks!
> >
> >"john marsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:bkmo36$e6j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

> >know
> >> of a good ink jet printer?
> >> john
> >> marsden.

> Stay away from all cheap printers.
> The midrange to expensive Lexmarks
> are about the best deal...IMO.
>
> HOWEVER, the all-in-one model
> printer-scanner-faxes are about the equ of
> a swiss army knife...
> (not a good knife,,,not a good screwdriver...not a good can opener...
> but hey, it's all there...)
>
> If you root around on Lexmark's site,
> you'll find a contact page,
> they'll get back to ya in a couple days
> and you can discuss your needs with them.
>
> If you'd hooked up as many customer supplied HPs as I have,
> you'd see they're better doorstops than they are printers...LOL!
>
> Ski

Ski

>The networked Lexmarks are very good, $$$$$$$, but difficult to repair.
>Small Lexmarks are junk! I service over 100 <1 year old Lexmarks, and they
>reek! However, our 6 year old HPs are just beginning to lose the ability to
>pick up paper. Running a sheet of paper through the printer, which has had
>hairspray sprayed on the paper, works wonders!

So, like anything else,
it depends on what you're going to do with it.

I'd say average desktop non-business use,
the lexmark would be fine...believe it or not,
they DON'T want to sell you a machine
that'd make THEM look bad.

Hairspray...great idea, can't wait to try it out.
save lots of time cleaning/disassembling.
Thanks!

Ski

Mara

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:57:15 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

>This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 22 Sep 2003
>12:57:27 +0100, john marsden uttered:
>
>I'm using a Canon bubblejet, & have no problems with it.

I liked my Canon - an excellent printer. I also like my HPs, my Lexmarks, and my
Panasonic. Like the HPs the best though, as far as print quality goes,
although the big Lexmark comes very close.

>> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone know
>> of a good ink jet printer?
>> john
>> marsden.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Miggsee

Just don't try the Lexmark network color printers! Slower than a snail,
especially when 20+ students are shooting their prints to it.
"The lab will be down for days." <G>

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:57:15 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
>
> >This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 22 Sep 2003
> >12:57:27 +0100, john marsden uttered:
> >
> >I'm using a Canon bubblejet, & have no problems with it.

> I liked my Canon - an excellent printer. I also like my HPs, my Lexmarks,

and my
> Panasonic. Like the HPs the best though, as far as print quality goes,
> although the big Lexmark comes very close.
>

> >> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

know
> >> of a good ink jet printer?
> >> john
> >> marsden.

> --
> "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
> AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
> --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Christine Geary

I have to agree about HP's products; I presently own an 8-year-old HP
Deskjet 600C printer, which I had to fix 1 time and HP was very good about
about fixing it; I had the printer back to me fixed within 14 days. After
that, I bought all HP products: an HP computer and scanner, which, so far,
I had no problems with them, knock on wood.

I hope this helps.

Christine