Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help! apostrophes have been replaced with question marks on web pages

Help! apostrophes have been replaced with question marks on web pages

Scout Lady

I have no idea what I could have done. Quite a few web pages now show
question marks instead of apostrophes and it is distracting when trying to
read a long article. Others display correctly.

Any of you guru's know how to fix this problem?

---

°Mike°

Internet Explorer? View / Encoding ... check 'Autoselect'.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:36:48 -0400, in
<bklqos$32m9r$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Scout Lady scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

|3iff //ullins

lucat bene, der "Scout Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> goh, a hunnert
truxx inero, sumwit kowz n' sumwit duxx on Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:36:48
-0400:

>I have no idea what I could have done. Quite a few web pages now show
>question marks instead of apostrophes and it is distracting when trying to
>read a long article. Others display correctly.
>
>Any of you guru's know how to fix this problem?

try replacing the normal arial font in your windows/fonts directory. a
friend of mine recently had a problem where everything on the webpages
he viewed was in italics. we replaced his arial font and all was well.
your problem sounds fairly close to his, and it really couldn't hurt
to try even if'n i'm wrong.

--
just when my ant farm started showing a profit,
an ant bank foreclosed on it.

Scout Lady

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Internet Explorer? View / Encoding ... check 'Autoselect'.

Thanks, that fixed the problem. ;o)

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:36:48 -0400, in
> <bklqos$32m9r$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Scout Lady scrawled:
>
> >I have no idea what I could have done. Quite a few web pages now show
> >question marks instead of apostrophes and it is distracting when trying

> >read a long article. Others display correctly.
> >
> >Any of you guru's know how to fix this problem?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

---

°Mike°

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:27:16 -0400, in
<bkmtc7$3favd$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Scout Lady scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Internet Explorer? View / Encoding ... check 'Autoselect'.
>>

>Thanks, that fixed the problem. ;o)

You're welcome.

<snip>

--