Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP & Messenger 6 vs 4.7 install

XP & Messenger 6 vs 4.7 install

Jim

I've just installed XP on a previously Win98SE PC. I
discovered XP comes with Messenger 4.7 so I updated to 6.
But there seems to be some conflict at startup with 6 being
told that it is logged out because I'm connected in some
other place - but 4.7, while I can manually start it from
the Messenger directory, is set not to start on startup!

I've also gone into remove programs and taken Messenger out
of the Windows configuration. Still, Messenger 6 starts but
is in conflict with 4.7 ...!

How do I get rid of 4.7? Thanks.

To email me, go to my address and take out the dog

Jim

Seems okay after it had a good night's sleep...

To email me, go to my address and take out the dog