Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BIOS PASSWORD FOR A LAPTOP

BIOS PASSWORD FOR A LAPTOP

A J

Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid of
the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
Would appreciate any input...

°Mike°

Ask the person who set the password.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:23:59 +1000, in
<Kgkbb.3941$(E-Mail Removed)>
A J scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

A J wrote:
> Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
> rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> Would appreciate any input...

If you have not got a manual for the machine, then thiere are a load of
(readable/downloadable) documents (PDF) at link below. I'll have a look
myself, but you might care to look yourself.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...dTypeId=321957

or if any trouble with above link, then use link below;

http://tinyurl.com/o4pb

HamMan

"A J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Kgkbb.3941$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid

of
> the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> Would appreciate any input...

You could try holding insert while you turn it on, it sometimes works

Patrick

A J wrote:
> Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
> rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> Would appreciate any input...

Below is a quote from the document at this address

http://tinyurl.com/o4qp

page; Securing the Computer 6-1

quote;
If You Forget a Password

If you forget your power-on or setup (administrator)
password, refer to "Worldwide Telephone Numbers" in
Appendix A to contact a Compaq authorized service provider.

If you forget both your user and master DriveLock passwords,
the hard drive is permanently unusable.

If you forget your DriveLock user password but know your
DriveLock master password, you can remove DriveLock
protection from the drive. For instructions, refer to
"Using DriveLock" in this chapter.

endquote

A J

Thanks pattrick you're a champion. That's exactly what i was looking for.

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HTkbb.1166$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> A J wrote:
> > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting
> > rid of the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> > Would appreciate any input...

> If you have not got a manual for the machine, then thiere are a load of
> (readable/downloadable) documents (PDF) at link below. I'll have a look
> myself, but you might care to look yourself.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport....jsp?locale=en
_US&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=179166&pr odSeriesId=96235&prodTypeI
d=321957

> or if any trouble with above link, then use link below;
>
> http://tinyurl.com/o4pb

Plato

A J wrote:

> Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid of
> the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> Would appreciate any input...

Ask the person who owns the laptop.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

A J

Thanks to all who replied
For anyone whos interested, to reset bios you need to disconnect the clock
battery, take out the AC power and the laptop battery. leave it for a few
minutes and PRESTO

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:3f6e1254$0$21075$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A J wrote:
> >
> > Hi there, can a laptop guru out there tell me how I go about getting rid

of
> > the bios password for an Compaq Armada M700 notebook?
> > Would appreciate any input...

> Ask the person who owns the laptop.
>
> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Gordon Burgess-Parker

A J wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied
> For anyone whos interested, to reset bios you need to disconnect the
> clock battery, take out the AC power and the laptop battery. leave it
> for a few minutes and PRESTO

Unless you have a Toshiba, when the only course of action open is to take it
to a Toshiba dealer with proof of purchase.
--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

mohammad mohammad is offline