Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > clean up hard drive

clean up hard drive

John Davis

I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my hard
drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
clean it up. Any ideas??

Ionizer

"John Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8mfbb.2436$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my

hard
> drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
> clean it up. Any ideas??

Towards the bottom of this page:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/(E-Mail Removed) are detailed
instructions for removal, but they do in part assume that you can run Norton
to identify the locations of the files associated with the virus. If you
can't get your AV running, you could try using HouseCall to scan your system
and spot where the nasty files are located:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

Then, there's this patch which you should ensure you've applied:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS01-020.asp

Good luck,
Ian.

Ionizer

"John Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8mfbb.2436$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my

hard
> drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
> clean it up. Any ideas??

An easier way perhaps, courtesy of alert newsgroup member "why?" Removal
tools: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ools.list.html

Ben

Try running an active scan from the web..
http://www.pandasoftware.com/

"John Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8mfbb.2436$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my

hard
> drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
> clean it up. Any ideas??

Boomer

Twixer said:

>Regards Ron...........
>"John Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:8mfbb.2436$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus,

but my
>hard
>> drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus

software to
>> clean it up. Any ideas??
>>

>begin swentool.zip

Please DO NOT post binaries to a non-binary group!

Fix your clock also. You are posting from the future.

°Mike°

Online Antivirus scanners:
--------------------------
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp