Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Backweb

Backweb

PWB

I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it is in
my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by entering 'msconfig'
into the Run window. The problem I have is every time I uncheck it when my
pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone know how I can permanently stop it
please only I don't want to really delete the registry path TIA

°Mike°

Why are you unchecking it in msconfig, if it is spyware, and
you have SpyBot installed? What's wrong with having
SpyBot take care of it?

If there is a problem with SpyBot removing it, install HijackThis
and post your log contents here. Be sure to name the spyware
you are trying to get rid of.

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0100, in
<lj5bb.631$%(E-Mail Removed)>
PWB scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

PWB

Ok thanks its just it is a nuisance spybot picking it up every time and I'm
unable to get rid of it.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why are you unchecking it in msconfig, if it is spyware, and
> you have SpyBot installed? What's wrong with having
> SpyBot take care of it?
>
> If there is a problem with SpyBot removing it, install HijackThis
> and post your log contents here. Be sure to name the spyware
> you are trying to get rid of.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0100, in
> <lj5bb.631$%(E-Mail Removed)>
> PWB scrawled:
>
> >I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it is

in
> >my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by entering

'msconfig'
> >into the Run window. The problem I have is every time I uncheck it when

my
> >pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone know how I can permanently stop

it
> >please only I don't want to really delete the registry path TIA
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

trout

PWB wrote:

> I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it
> is in my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by
> entering 'msconfig' into the Run window. The problem I have is every
> time I uncheck it when my pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone
> know how I can permanently stop it please only I don't want to really
> delete the registry path TIA

I'd suggest that you let Spybot S&D delete it, but keep a back-up;
'just in case' (although I don't think it's necessary).
Read more here:
http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/B/Backweb.asp
--
"There are suggestions on various ways to handle it."

PWB

Thanks for the URL I didn't know it was for product updates it is the icon I
have in the start-up folder for my scanner so now all I did was delete that
and now I can check manually to see if there are any updates.
news:bkiogd$268nr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> PWB wrote:
>
> > I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it
> > is in my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by
> > entering 'msconfig' into the Run window. The problem I have is every
> > time I uncheck it when my pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone
> > know how I can permanently stop it please only I don't want to really
> > delete the registry path TIA

> I'd suggest that you let Spybot S&D delete it, but keep a back-up;
> 'just in case' (although I don't think it's necessary).
> Read more here:
> http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/B/Backweb.asp
> --
> "There are suggestions on various ways to handle it."

NewKillerStar

Uh, remove it in add /remove programs. It may be listed as service
connection.

"PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lj5bb.631$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it is in
> my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by entering

'msconfig'
> into the Run window. The problem I have is every time I uncheck it when my
> pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone know how I can permanently stop

it
> please only I don't want to really delete the registry path TIA

Backweb files Westlaker Computer Support 13 11-12-2003 04:22 AM
Compaq and BackWeb? TJ Computer Support 17 11-11-2003 02:17 PM
Backweb error David Peterson Computer Support 1 10-30-2003 03:02 PM
Backweb Lite PWB Computer Support 2 08-13-2003 04:12 PM
backWeb-728871.exe...What is it? Gunjani Computer Support 6 07-12-2003 05:30 PM

Advertisments