Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus In Emails

Virus In Emails

Jan Lanceley

Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
inbox??

Bareill

Try scanning through the newsgroups.Everyone is talking about this so just follow the threads.
Have you tried looking down the posts on this newsgroup?
"Jan Lanceley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:8v_ab.34$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
> day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
> is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
> inbox??

why?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:37:36 +0100, Jan Lanceley wrote:

>Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
>day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this

Better off using another firewall the XP one is very basic. It's more
likely NAV has picked them up.

>is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
>inbox??

Umm.... generally.....

1. Not to use account name / working addy in posts to a public
international group where spammers harvest addresses.

2. Create an alias for your account first.
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/

3. Munge (hide) your email address.
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
Configure your applications with munged address
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/newsgroups/

Me

Janet Sanderson

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
>day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
>is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
>inbox??

Oh bother you just reminded me I turned firewall off to upload to
website.
Thanks Janet

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jan Lanceley continued:

> Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of
> them a day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall
> on, but this is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from
> reaching my email inbox??

Read the hundreds of posts on the same subject so far this month,
perhaps ?
--
slumpy
no more

Jack the Ripper

I Had the same problem and I change my Email Address.

Kev

"Jan Lanceley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8v_ab.34$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since yesterday I have been getting a virus in emails, about 10 of them a
> day, luckly I have norton anti virus and XP with the firewall on, but this
> is very annoying, how can I prevent these emails from reaching my email
> inbox??

Jan Lanceley

lots of advice there then!!