Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP BackUp Utility

XP BackUp Utility

Si

I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
BackUp Utility.

If I back them up using this utility to my (D) Data drive, then burn them to
CD using my CD Drive (Z), obviously I'm gonna need quite a few CD's.

My question is - does the XP Pro BackUp Utility know how many files to fit
on each CD disc?

What I want to avoid is an MP3/WMA file being split over 2 CD's.

Any further info would be appreciated.

Si.

why?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:45:58 +0100, Si wrote:

>I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
>BackUp Utility.

<snip>

No answers from the other times you asked?

From: "Si"
Subject: XP Pro BackUp Utility - One More Question!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:45:57 +0100

I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
BackUp Utility.

and

From: "Si" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: XP Pro BackUp Utility - Another Question!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:59:52 +0100

I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
BackUp Utility.

Me

BananaPannaPoe-

Using the backup utility for this is stupid. Just burn them to cd using the
burner software. It can tell you how many you can copy to cd to fill it.
Plus you can still play them when they are on the cd. You should be able to
get 150 to 190 mp3's per cd. If you had a dvd burner you could get about
1600 mp3's on one dvd.
The backup utility will do nothing for you since mp3's are already
compressed.

--
Want someone to fix your computer remotely?
Check out Network info at this site:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/tips.htm
"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g_Xab.396$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
> BackUp Utility.
>
> If I back them up using this utility to my (D) Data drive, then burn them

> CD using my CD Drive (Z), obviously I'm gonna need quite a few CD's.
>
> My question is - does the XP Pro BackUp Utility know how many files to fit
> on each CD disc?
>
> What I want to avoid is an MP3/WMA file being split over 2 CD's.
>
> Any further info would be appreciated.
>
> Si.

---

Backup Utility Bosco Computer Support 1 07-03-2004 12:54 AM
XP Pro BackUp Utility - One More Question! Si Computer Support 0 09-18-2003 08:45 PM
XP Pro BackUp Utility - Another Question! Si Computer Support 0 09-18-2003 10:59 AM
XP Pro BackUp Utility Si Computer Support 3 09-17-2003 02:12 PM

Advertisments