Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PartitionMagiic/Boot Magic Question

PartitionMagiic/Boot Magic Question

Mike

I'm installing BootMagic v7.01 and Partition Magic 7.0 on a PC FAT32 PC
running Win2000 Pro. I want to dual boot between W2K Pro and WinXP Pro.
W2K Proo is currently installed on C:\. After installing Partition Magic
and BootMagic v7.01 The following is in the BootMagic readme file.

"1. Installing under Windows 2000/Windows XP

When Installing BootMagic from Windows 2000 or Windows XP, it is

recommended that you install to a FAT16 partition. If you install

to a FAT32 partition, the rescue diskettes will not see the BootMagic

partition. If you do install to a FAT32 partition, you can create

rescue diskettes from a Windows 98 or Windows Me machine; then the

disks will see the FAT32 BootMagic partition correctly.

This is confusing to me. How do I create rescue disks for W2K Pro using
FAT32?

Thanks,

Mike