Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleting Microsoft messages

Deleting Microsoft messages

geopelia

I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages

I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete all
on the page.

Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real messages,
so must look at all the headers.

I've made a special folder for them to go, but every header is a little
different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
this nonsense is over.

Thank you. Geopelia

Nick Worley

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N4Nab.152990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
>
> I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete all
> on the page.
>
> Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
> without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

messages,
> so must look at all the headers.

If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
and then click on another message further down while holding down the shift
key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the lot
in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
you say.
Regards
Nick

Barry OGrady

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:14:24 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
>
>I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete all
>on the page.
>
>Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
>without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real messages,
>so must look at all the headers.

That depends on what newsreader you are using.

>I've made a special folder for them to go, but every header is a little
>different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
>this nonsense is over.

I have hotmail set to delete some of them, but because the headers are different
and hotmail only allows 10 special filters they still build up.

>Thank you. Geopelia

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

geopelia

"Nick Worley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkg8k7$1evkv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:N4Nab.152990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
> >
> > I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete

all
> > on the page.
> >
> > Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
> > without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

> messages,
> > so must look at all the headers.

> If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
> and then click on another message further down while holding down the

shift
> key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the

lot
> in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
> quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
> you say.
> Regards
> Nick

Sounds great, I'll try it. Many thanks
Geopelia

geopelia

"Nick Worley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkg8k7$1evkv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:N4Nab.152990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
> >
> > I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete

all
> > on the page.
> >
> > Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
> > without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

> messages,
> > so must look at all the headers.

> If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
> and then click on another message further down while holding down the

shift
> key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the

lot
> in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
> quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
> you say.
> Regards
> Nick
>
> It worked! I've got about 800 since this morning, so will get rid of them

Thanks
Geopelia

Steve Knight

>I've made a special folder for them to go, but every header is a little
>different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
>this nonsense is over.

get a program called mail washer. it will filter and sort emails and mark them
for deletion or bouncing or both. that way you don't need to even see them. also
shows if there are attachments or if it is a virus.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes