Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Clobbered

Clobbered

Mike M

Also if you want to upgrade
to outlook express 6 , it has a filter than will sent any email
with an attachment to the trash.
= = = = = = = =
Hey!..."I" have OE 6, and the phony MIcrosoft emails keep comin', and
comin' and comin'.....where is that filter you're talking about??
"John Schmeckleheimer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XhFab.645$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Starstuffed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:C7Fab.9458$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > I got more than 100 of the virus laden, bogus "Microsoft Critical

Update"
> > messages in my email overnight. My filters were useless since the from

> and
> > the subject lines were different in most all of them. "MS" was used.
> > "Pack" was used. "Admin" was used. . .and so on and so on.
> >
> > Are we helpless against this malicious junk?
> >

> > Martin
> >

> set your filters by the small body messages, they are varied
> but they repeat quite a bit. Also if you want to upgrade
> to outlook express 6 , it has a filter than will sent any email
> with an attachment to the trash.
>
> Good luck
> JS

Ron Martell

"Starstuffed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I got more than 100 of the virus laden, bogus "Microsoft Critical Update"
>messages in my email overnight. My filters were useless since the from and
>the subject lines were different in most all of them. "MS" was used.
>"Pack" was used. "Admin" was used. . .and so on and so on.
>
>Are we helpless against this malicious junk?
>

>Martin

Here is my OE message rule.

It has been 100% effective for the past 2 days:

Where the message body contains 'This is the qmail program'
or 'Undelivered message to'
or 'I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to deliver your
message'
or 'I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message'
or 'Undeliverable mail to'
or 'all known security vulnerabilities'
or 'Undelivered mail to' or 'Undeliverable message to'
or 'I'm sorry I wasn't able to deliver your message'
or 'Undeliverable to'
or 'I'm afraid the message returned below'
or 'Undelivered to'
or 'An e-mail delivered to you contained a virus'
Delete it
and Stop processing more rules

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--