Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deluge of Microsoft emails etc

Deluge of Microsoft emails etc

geopelia

Today I have received over 100 emails about bug letter, Microsoft alert,
undeliverable message, returned mail etc.
I've deleted the lot, of course. No problems, just annoying. I've got a lot
going straight into a junk mail folder but they seem to change a little each
time.

Could this be a new virus? Is anyone else getting them?
Maybe somebody doesn't like me!
I have done a virus check and xtra also checks for viruses. None detected.

Geopelia

Boomer

geopelia said:

> Today I have received over 100 emails about bug letter,
> Microsoft alert, undeliverable message, returned mail etc.
> I've deleted the lot, of course. No problems, just annoying.
> I've got a lot going straight into a junk mail folder but they
> seem to change a little each time.
>
> Could this be a new virus? Is anyone else getting them?
> Maybe somebody doesn't like me!
> I have done a virus check and xtra also checks for viruses. None
> detected.
>
> Geopelia

Might want to read:

Newsgroups: alt.comp.anti-virus

Michael Thompson

Hello geopelia,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, at 14:35:38 [GMT +1200] (which was 03:35 in my
TimeZone) you wrote:

> Today I have received over 100 emails about bug letter, Microsoft alert,
> undeliverable message, returned mail etc.
> I've deleted the lot, of course. No problems, just annoying. I've got a lot
> going straight into a junk mail folder but they seem to change a little each
> time.

> Could this be a new virus? Is anyone else getting them?
> Maybe somebody doesn't like me!
> I have done a virus check and xtra also checks for viruses. None detected.

> Geopelia

Yeap, I am getting the Sven worm about 50 an hour.

--
Best regards,
Michael

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster.

geopelia

"Michael Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello geopelia,
>

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, at 14:35:38 [GMT +1200] (which was 03:35 in my
> TimeZone) you wrote:
>

> > Today I have received over 100 emails about bug letter, Microsoft alert,
> > undeliverable message, returned mail etc.
> > I've deleted the lot, of course. No problems, just annoying. I've got a

lot
> > going straight into a junk mail folder but they seem to change a little

each
> > time.

> > Could this be a new virus? Is anyone else getting them?
> > Maybe somebody doesn't like me!
> > I have done a virus check and xtra also checks for viruses. None

detected.

> > Geopelia

> Yeap, I am getting the Sven worm about 50 an hour.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
> PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32
>

> Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster.

Thanks
Over 400 here since 3pm! Wearing my finger out deleting them.
Geopelia