Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Security alerts

Security alerts

KerplunKuK

How do you disable security alerts for IE? Whenever I go from a secure page
to a non secure I get a question box asking me if I am sure. I want to be
able to switch automatically with no prompt. Using win xp and IE 6.
TIA

--

Remove SPAM to reply
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"KerplunKuK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f6a49f6$0$257$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> How do you disable security alerts for IE? Whenever I go from a secure

page
> to a non secure I get a question box asking me if I am sure. I want to be
> able to switch automatically with no prompt. Using win xp and IE 6.
> TIA

READ the box next time. NOTICE the checkmark, "Do not show this
prompt again." CHECK the checkmark.

Of course, you CAN also check Tools --> Options --> Advanced and
reset it there.

RwP

trout

KerplunKuK wrote:

> How do you disable security alerts for IE? Whenever I go from a
> secure page to a non secure I get a question box asking me if I am
> sure. I want to be able to switch automatically with no prompt.
> Using win xp and IE 6.
> TIA

Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab; scroll down, under
Security.
--
"Uncheck the applicable."