Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remove entries

Remove entries

Lonnie Reynolds

How can I remove entries on both Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and on
msconfig > start ?
I have some programs listed there that have been removed but still shows on
these menus.
Thanks

°Mike°

**Back up your registry first.**
HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 9x/ME
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;322754

HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;322755

HOW TO Back up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;322756

When you disable a Startup item in msconfig, it does one of the
following things:

• If the startup was disabled from config.sys, autoexec.bat,
system.ini or win.ini, the item is 'Remarked out' with;

rem TShoot: <entry list>

• If the startup was disabled from a registry call, a 'holding'
key is created, and the entry is moved to the new key, where
it does not run. The holding key is usually the name of the
original key with a minus sign appended to it -- if the key/s
don't have a minus '-' sign appended, they should be left alone,
as these are the keys that are used to launch applications.
The 'holding' keys to check are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnceEx-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnceSetup-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServices-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServicesOnce-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\RunOnce-

• If the startup was disabled from the Windows Explorer 'Startup'
folder, a new 'holding' folder is created called 'Disabled Startup
Items', and the shortcut/s are placed in this new folder.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:49:54 GMT, in
<C%nab.20734$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lonnie Reynolds scrawled:

--