Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > On an American Keyboard, where is the '@' key.

On an American Keyboard, where is the '@' key.

Goonigoogoo

and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and
its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
seem to use the @ key (well find it).

Philip SC

Shift-2 (I think)

"Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkcrsl$mur$(E-Mail Removed)...
> and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and
> its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
> seem to use the @ key (well find it).

bb3

"Shift+2"
"Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkcrsl$mur$(E-Mail Removed)...
> and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and
> its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
> seem to use the @ key (well find it).

Goonigoogoo

thnx guys

"Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkcrsl$mur$(E-Mail Removed)...
> and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and
> its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
> seem to use the @ key (well find it).

bb3

You're welcome.

"Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkcvnl$t8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> thnx guys
>
> "Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkcrsl$mur$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids,

and
> > its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
> > seem to use the @ key (well find it).

Richard

Goonigoogoo wrote:

> and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids,
> and
> its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he
> cant
> seem to use the @ key (well find it).

Was this a trick question thing? The standard american keyboard is the same
as practically the original typewriter configuration.
Being so damn bloody necessary on the intermet, you would think that
manufacturers would make the stupid thing easy enough to find.
Kind of like Homer Simpson asking "Where's the 'any' key"?

Goonigoogoo

No not a trick question, im in the UK, and in UK keyboards the @ key is diff
to USA keyboards.

"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Goonigoogoo wrote:
>
> > and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids,
> > and
> > its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he
> > cant
> > seem to use the @ key (well find it).

> Was this a trick question thing? The standard american keyboard is the

same
> as practically the original typewriter configuration.
> Being so damn bloody necessary on the intermet, you would think that
> manufacturers would make the stupid thing easy enough to find.
> Kind of like Homer Simpson asking "Where's the 'any' key"?

Mara

Pay no attention to him. To answer your question, the @ key is shift+2.

>"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Barry OGrady

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:00:53 +0000 (UTC), "Goonigoogoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his kids, and

What is an m eight?

>its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he cant
>seem to use the @ key (well find it).

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Stevo

Barry OGrady wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:00:53 +0000 (UTC), "Goonigoogoo"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> and what do u press to use it. A m8 of mine has got a PC for his
>> kids, and

> What is an m eight?
>
>> its an upgrade from 95-98, but the keyboard layout is on USA. so he
>> cant
>> seem to use the @ key (well find it).
>>

> -Barry
> ========
> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

m8, say it fast, run the words together.. you get mate...

the abbreviated version is popular with those that support that convention
(if it is indeed a convention).. particularly SMS texters...

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)