Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reading winmail.dat e-mail-XPPro

Reading winmail.dat e-mail-XPPro

burris

I received some email with the notorious winmail.dat attachment. It came
via my Netscape mail which of course can't read it.
I do have Office 2000 with Outlook, but can't figure out how to open
this attachment.

Do I have to actually import it into Outlook or is there something I am
missing?

Thanks....

burris

Boomer

burris said:

> I received some email with the notorious winmail.dat attachment.
> It came via my Netscape mail which of course can't read it.
> I do have Office 2000 with Outlook, but can't figure out how to
> open this attachment.
>
> Do I have to actually import it into Outlook or is there
> something I am missing?
>
> Thanks....
>
> burris

Some tips here:
http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm
and
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
1&q=winmail.dat%2Bopen+with

burris

Thank you, Boomer....

burris

Boomer wrote:

> burris said:
>
>> I received some email with the notorious winmail.dat attachment.
>> It came via my Netscape mail which of course can't read it.
>> I do have Office 2000 with Outlook, but can't figure out how to
>> open this attachment.
>>
>> Do I have to actually import it into Outlook or is there
>> something I am missing?
>>
>> Thanks....
>>
>> burris

> Some tips here: