Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Forward Ports in XP

Forward Ports in XP

Kimball K Kinnison

I have a small network at home - they are connected via a hub to a PC with a
broadband modem attached that acts at the gateway to the internet. All PCs
are running XP. I want to run a web server. If I set it up on the gateway PC
it works Ok. However I want to set it up on another PC in the network. How
can I forward requests to this PC - can the XP firewall do it or do I need
something else?

Many thanx

Gitano

Kimball K Kinnison came up with this:
news:bk9rb2$qb61t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I have a small network at home - they are connected via a hub to a PC
> with a broadband modem attached that acts at the gateway to the
> internet. All PCs are running XP. I want to run a web server. If I set
> it up on the gateway PC it works Ok. However I want to set it up on
> another PC in the network. How can I forward requests to this PC - can
> the XP firewall do it or do I need something else?
>
> Many thanx

Use this:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...rk/pmapper.htm

--
"Life is a bitch, and finally you end up marrying one..."

Kimball K Kinnison

"Gitano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Kimball K Kinnison came up with this:
> news:bk9rb2$qb61t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:
>
> > I have a small network at home - they are connected via a hub to a PC
> > with a broadband modem attached that acts at the gateway to the
> > internet. All PCs are running XP. I want to run a web server. If I set
> > it up on the gateway PC it works Ok. However I want to set it up on
> > another PC in the network. How can I forward requests to this PC - can
> > the XP firewall do it or do I need something else?
> >
> > Many thanx
> >

> Use this:
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...rk/pmapper.htm
>
> --
> "Life is a bitch, and finally you end up marrying one..."

Many thanx for this - after a bit of fiddling it works well