Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > compare ME to windows 98

compare ME to windows 98

Froats

Hi All

I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
Me.......please comments

thank ..
zeek.....

Gordon Burgess-Parker

Froats wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
> installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
> Me.......please comments
>
> thank ..
> zeek.....

Why the f**k ME? Why not go to XP?

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:48:32 -0400, Froats <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Hi All
>
>I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
>installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
>Me.......please comments

98SE was the most stable of the 9x operating systems, by comparison
ME is a 48 year old syphilitic whore blowing donkeys 4 shows a day.

--

Exxy is my hero!

Cyanyde

"Froats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
> installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
> Me.......please comments
>
> thank ..
> zeek.....

As an ex-ME user take it from me.. stick with 98..
Is it 98se? good!
You're Blaster-proof for starters.. not to mention the myriad of clones and
mutations we're sure to get in the months to come..
I recently upgraded to XP and the second I installed it, it tried to dl
800mb of updates and patches!
I'm thinking of going back to 98se!
As long as it works don't fix it - Good advice.
look at it this way, when 95 came out it took 3 years to fix all the bugs
and glitches..
They got it fixed and it turned into Win98, what now? Bugs and glitches!
Now, they finally get it fixed and what comes out? WinXP!
They're like clockwork.

Stick with 98

(IMHO)

Boomer

Froats said:

> Hi All
>
> I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating
> and installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's
> against Me.......please comments
>
> thank ..
> zeek.....

Here's a bit of information.
http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/os/windo...ackground/688/

If your Win98 is running fine, I would not upgrade to ME.

Boomer

-= Hawk =- said:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:48:32 -0400, Froats <(E-Mail Removed)>
> scribbled:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating
>>and installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's
>>against Me.......please comments

> 98SE was the most stable of the 9x operating systems, by
> comparison ME is a 48 year old syphilitic whore blowing donkeys
> 4 shows a day.

So nicely stated.

GateKeeper

Win98 SE

"Froats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

-= Hawk =-

On 16 Sep 2003 23:31:40 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>-= Hawk =- said:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:48:32 -0400, Froats <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> scribbled:
>>
>>>Hi All
>>>
>>>I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating
>>>and installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's
>>>against Me.......please comments

>> 98SE was the most stable of the 9x operating systems, by
>> comparison ME is a 48 year old syphilitic whore blowing donkeys
>> 4 shows a day.

>So nicely stated.

I've such a way with words, don't I?

--

Exxy is my hero!

Hugh Lilly

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

> Froats wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
>> installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
>> Me.......please comments
>>
>> thank ..
>> zeek.....

> Why the f**k ME? Why not go to XP?

Why go to something far worse (in so many ways) when what you hve is
working? (albeit probably not well).

-hdl
--
(C) 2003 Hugh Lilly
mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Miggsee

I went through *h--l* with ME on a new machine, and then went back to 98.
(Oldies here know my trials and tribulations through using ME).

Wow! How better things were. My machine ran consistently with 98.

Then the iso trial of XP came out, and I tried it. )

I now have 4 home pcs, and two away at college with my kids. I have XP (both
Home and Pro) on almost all of them (son's laptop has Win 2000).

Upgrading, then do it with XP..don't downgrade with ME.

On the other hand, if you are working fine in 98, stay there!

"Froats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I have windows 98 on my computer and I am thinking of formating and
> installing Me instead... what are the pro's and con's against
> Me.......please comments
>
> thank ..
> zeek.....

How should I compare two txt files separately coming from windows/dosand linux/unix higer Python 7 06-13-2009 08:46 AM
How to compare strings Thomas Reinemann VHDL 0 05-27-2004 02:24 PM
compare unsigned Matthias Alles VHDL 1 05-14-2004 03:14 PM
Compare pairs of bits between two slv's ? Tony Benham VHDL 3 11-02-2003 12:29 PM
Compare Pics?: Acdsee/PS won't use mult windows from it's own browser? Molly Digital Photography 7 10-07-2003 10:23 PM

Advertisments