Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > file extension .idx

file extension .idx

martmoover

hi folks, does anyone know what this extension may be? theres about a
thousand files in 'my documents' all consecutively numbered (i.e CA00.IDX,
CA01.IDX etc). i searched what files were created on my pc on the day those
files were installed and the only thing that looks likely is a folder called
'symantec shared' which is within 'program files>common files'. so i presume
its something to do with that.

any help appreciated

cheers

mart

bb3

"martmoover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:25L9b.324$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi folks, does anyone know what this extension may be? theres about a
> thousand files in 'my documents' all consecutively numbered (i.e CA00.IDX,
> CA01.IDX etc). i searched what files were created on my pc on the day

those
> files were installed and the only thing that looks likely is a folder

called
> 'symantec shared' which is within 'program files>common files'. so i

presume
> its something to do with that.
>
> any help appreciated
>
> cheers