Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newby wants to know what "Beta testing " is?

Newby wants to know what "Beta testing " is?

DvdJil

Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.

ddad

trout

DvdJil wrote:

> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
>
> ddad

Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before being
generally released as a finished product.
--
"Being a guinea pig."

Scribner

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:11:15 -0700, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>DvdJil wrote:
>
>> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
>>
>> ddad

> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
>version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before being
>generally released as a finished product.

It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. .

trout

Scribner wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:11:15 -0700, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> DvdJil wrote:
>>
>>> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
>>>
>>> ddad

>> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
>> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
>> being generally released as a finished product.

> It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. .

.... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?
--
"Poor Billy."

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Tue, 16 Sep 2003
10:20:20 -0700, trout uttered this:

> Scribner wrote:

>>> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
>>> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
>>> being generally released as a finished product.

>> It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. .

> .... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?

Well I did think about it....<G>

--
"But decided it was
someone else's turn!"

why?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:20:20 -0700, trout wrote:

>Scribner wrote:

>>> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
>>> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
>>> being generally released as a finished product.

>> It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. .

> .... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?

No, but it had to happen.......

.... although it's scary if one has a subscription to MS Technet Plus,
one has to cough up GBP £250 for a pile of BETA stuff.

Me

Howard

"DvdJil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
>
> ddad

Its a pre release of a program - bugs may still be present so a select
number of users are requested to test it first.