Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anti-Trojan software

Anti-Trojan software

notthesamesam

A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots of
email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My antivirus
program found nothing, but I wanted to download anti-trojan software to be
sure. Someone recommended the trial version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I
downloaded it today, but it says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there
any other programs that offer a free trial?
Thanks.
ntss

Boomer

notthesamesam said:

> A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots
> of email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My
> antivirus program found nothing, but I wanted to download
> anti-trojan software to be sure. Someone recommended the trial
> version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I downloaded it today,
> but it says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there any other
> programs that offer a free trial? Thanks.
> ntss

Check out a few of these freewares:

Check for updates weekly and use often.

Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
security/privacy issues.
http://security.kolla.de/

Spyware Blaster

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

--Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

--Other software--
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

notthesamesam

Thanks Boomer!
ntss

notthesamesam said:

> Thanks Boomer!
> ntss

You're welcome.

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> notthesamesam said:
>>
>> > A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots
>> > of email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My
>> > antivirus program found nothing, but I wanted to download
>> > anti-trojan software to be sure. Someone recommended the trial
>> > version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I downloaded it today,
>> > but it says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there any other
>> > programs that offer a free trial? Thanks.
>> > ntss

>> Check out a few of these freewares:
>>
>> Check for updates weekly and use often.
>>
>> Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>>
>> SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
>> security/privacy issues.
>> http://security.kolla.de/
>>
>> Spyware Blaster
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>>
>> A-spy For trojans hiding in startup entries.
>> http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html
>>
>> Info on above and more.
>> http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/spyware.htm
>>
>> ~ Spyware Information ~
>> http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm
>>
>> --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
>> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
>>
>> --Other software--
>> http://www.wilders.org/
>>
>> Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

°Mike°

The Cleaner SUCKS. Avoid it, and use something else.

Online Antitrojan scanner:
----------------------
http://www.trojanscan.com/

Anti-trojan programs:
----------------------
Trojan Remover
http://www.simplysup.com/

Trojan Hunter
http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

Trojan Defence Suite (TDS-3)
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

Tauscan
http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:13:03 GMT, in
<jyl9b.463507$o%2.204911@sccrnsc02>
notthesamesam scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Quordlepleen

"notthesamesam" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> A friend of mine found a trojan on his computer. I receive lots of
> email/attachments from this person for business purposes. My
> antivirus program found nothing, but I wanted to download
> anti-trojan software to be sure. Someone recommended the trial
> version of "The Cleaner" from Moosoft. I downloaded it today, but it
> says your 30 day trial has expired! Are there any other programs
> that offer a free trial? Thanks. ntss

Trojan Hunter, from http://www.misec.net offers a 30-day trial. It is
an outstanding piece of anti-trojan software, and well worth its low
cost, after the 30 days are up. I must stress that my only connexion
with TH is as a very satisfied customer and beta-tester, I have no
financial interest in the app. Whatever you decide, I would strongly
ecommend getting anti-trojan software and not relying solely on the
anti-spyware app.s recommended by Boomer. Good though they are, you
really will be better protected by also having a decent AT app. Also,
the Cleaner is a useless piece of shite, or rather, it aspires to
improve to the level of being a useless piece of shite one day.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html