Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compaq Splash screen removel

Compaq Splash screen removel

Ockerr

Can any anyone tell me please how to stop the Compaq splash screen coming
up when the Computer is switched on, It never used to appear until I reset
the Bios to the origonal default . I cant see any thing in the Bios that
mentions the start up screen, or even mentions of a way to stop the Ram
count appearing on the screen. My Computer is a Compaq Deskpro PII 350, I
had thought the Bios might write a pic file to the Hard drive, then I could
replace it with another pic but I cant see any thing on the HD unless its is
another type format.
Cheers and Thanks

Juan Pérez

<http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>

Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
more here:
<http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe >

Ockerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Cac9b.1387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any anyone tell me please how to stop the Compaq splash screen

coming
> up when the Computer is switched on, It never used to appear until I

reset
> the Bios to the origonal default . I cant see any thing in the Bios

that
> mentions the start up screen, or even mentions of a way to stop the

Ram
> count appearing on the screen. My Computer is a Compaq Deskpro PII

350, I
> had thought the Bios might write a pic file to the Hard drive, then I

could
> replace it with another pic but I cant see any thing on the HD unless

its is
> another type format.
> Cheers and Thanks

Miggsee

Buenas dios, Señor! ¿Cómo es usted, mi querido? ¡Archivado!

>"Juan Pérez" <Juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message

news:Eje9b.15173$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>
> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
> but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
> more here:
> <http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe >
>
> Ockerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Cac9b.1387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can any anyone tell me please how to stop the Compaq splash screen

> coming
> > up when the Computer is switched on, It never used to appear until I

> reset
> > the Bios to the origonal default . I cant see any thing in the Bios

> that
> > mentions the start up screen, or even mentions of a way to stop the

> Ram
> > count appearing on the screen. My Computer is a Compaq Deskpro PII

> 350, I
> > had thought the Bios might write a pic file to the Hard drive, then I

> could
> > replace it with another pic but I cant see any thing on the HD unless

> its is
> > another type format.
> > Cheers and Thanks

trout

Juan Pérez wrote:

> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>
> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
> but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
> more here:
> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".
--
"Excellent."

Juan Pérez

LOL (véase Babelfish) ¿LTNT, mi señora bonita, y cómo son usted? Google
rocks too, eh?

Miggsee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk438e$p1qgr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Buenas dios, Señor! ¿Cómo es usted, mi querido? ¡Archivado!
>
> >"Juan Pérez" <Juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message

> news:Eje9b.15173$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> > <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
> >
> > Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac

specifically
> > but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general.

There's
> > more here:
> > <http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe >
> >
> > Ockerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Cac9b.1387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Can any anyone tell me please how to stop the Compaq splash

screen
> > coming
> > > up when the Computer is switched on, It never used to appear until

> > reset
> > > the Bios to the origonal default . I cant see any thing in the

Bios
> > that
> > > mentions the start up screen, or even mentions of a way to stop

the
> > Ram
> > > count appearing on the screen. My Computer is a Compaq Deskpro PII

> > 350, I
> > > had thought the Bios might write a pic file to the Hard drive,

then I
> > could
> > > replace it with another pic but I cant see any thing on the HD

unless
> > its is
> > > another type format.
> > > Cheers and Thanks

Juan Pérez

trout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk46cb$otnoe$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Juan Pérez wrote:
>
> > <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
> >
> > Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac

specifically
> > but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general.

There's
> > more here:
> > http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".
> --
> "Excellent."

Thanks to Google! I couldn't do without.
--
"Seriously"

Miggsee

teeheehee, Juan! Habit takes me back to Babelfish. I do love Google, others
laugh because it's my homepage!

I hope you and yours are fine.....it has been a long time, my friend!!

"Juan Pérez" <Juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message
news:N5r9b.15625$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> LOL (véase Babelfish) ¿LTNT, mi señora bonita, y cómo son usted? Google
> rocks too, eh?
>
> Miggsee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bk438e$p1qgr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Buenas dios, Señor! ¿Cómo es usted, mi querido? ¡Archivado!
> >
> > >"Juan Pérez" <Juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message

> > news:Eje9b.15173$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> > > <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
> > >
> > > Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac

> specifically
> > > but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general.

> There's
> > > more here:
> > > <http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe >
> > >
> > > Ockerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:Cac9b.1387$(E-Mail Removed)...

> screen
> > > coming

> > > reset

> Bios
> > > that

> the
> > > Ram
> > > 350, I

> then I
> > > could

> unless
> > > its is

Hugh Lilly

trout wrote:

> Juan Pérez wrote:
>
>> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>>
>> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac specifically
>> but you may get a better idea about splash screens in general. There's
>> more here:
>> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".

But 'Microsoft' is written everywhere. I wouldn't call that brand-free.

*This* is brand-free: http://www.linux.com
--
(C) 2003 Hugh Lilly
mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

trout

Hugh Lilly wrote:

> trout wrote:
>
>> Juan Pérez wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.dgyates.demon.co.uk/splash.htm>
>>>
>>> Try here. You won't find anything that addresses Compac
>>> specifically but you may get a better idea about splash screens in
>>> general. There's more here:
>>> http://tinylink.com/?ZiecmQZBqe

>> Well wadda ya know. Finally, don't have to look at the damned OE
>> 'blue box' anymore. Just about "brand-free".

> But 'Microsoft' is written everywhere. I wouldn't call that
> brand-free.
>
> *This* is brand-free: http://www.linux.com

Tut tut, Linux Lad. There's a plethora of freeware that makes all
that branding a thing of the past. I use IEMate.
--
"And my title bar is all about fish."

trout

--
"Spot the secret message."

Wintools removel on NT 4.0 Jesus Alvarado !! MCSE 9 09-14-2004 06:44 AM
Splash Screen adam Firefox 3 04-07-2004 06:56 PM
web site removel jeffm Computer Support 10 12-27-2003 07:08 PM
Turn Of the Splash Screen? Bongo Firefox 5 12-21-2003 10:53 PM
Can't change splash screen in Mozilla 1.5 Holodoc Firefox 3 11-25-2003 07:48 PM

Advertisments