Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is this a RAID?

Is this a RAID?

Bay0Wulf

What I want / am trying to do is to create a system to load a bunch of my
older hard-disks into and access them. I suppose I could take an old
computer and set it up as a server but I really just want something that my
other computers can access to get the item they are looking for that can be
expanded simply without getting into another operating system or motherboard
/ RAM situation. There used to be ads for this type of item but I rarely see
them at all anymore.

TIA

- Bay0Wulf

EGA

I'm not sure what it's called. However The catch is to have enough open IDE
spaces to hook up your old drives. My guesss is that you'd need to install
another HD controller.

news:CSb9b.142382$(E-Mail Removed)...