Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Create connection window radio button for username password grayed out

Create connection window radio button for username password grayed out

David

We used the Windows XP HOme CD to rerun setup ("upgrade" option). It
went OK but when we go to create a new connection for the broadband
connection (DSL) the window that has three radio buttons for type of
manual connection, has the option we need grayed out. It's the one
that says something like create a broadband connection with a username
and password.

The support guy at the DSL ISP said there is an article out about a
registry key that needs deleted in order to get rid of that grayed out
problem. I have no problem deleting the registry key, but would like
to see the article.

We are in a catch 22. For anything where the solution would require a
connection we can't connect to get it (like updated setup files or
what-have-you).

Is anyone familiar with this or a similar situation who has a possible
answer? Do you know the article I mean and have a link to it?