Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mixing SDR Ram with DDR Ram?

Mixing SDR Ram with DDR Ram?

Daz

Hi,

I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB SDR Ram,
so my questions are:
1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
machine?
2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?

My spec is:
P4
512MB DDR
80 Gig HD
Sis 645 Motherboard
OS: Win XP Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Daz.

--
This email has been scanned by Norton Internet Security software and is
virus free!

Patrick

Daz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB
> SDR Ram, so my questions are:
> 1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
> machine?
> 2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?
>
> My spec is:
> P4
> 512MB DDR
> 80 Gig HD
> Sis 645 Motherboard
> OS: Win XP Professional.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Daz.

It is I believe usual, that you can *not* use both types of memory at the
same time.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Daz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk1s2u$h4c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB SDR

Ram,
> so my questions are:
> 1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
> machine?

Not with a SiS based motherboard. Matter of fact, I don't know ANY
P4 chipsets that support both simultaneously ... but there might be.

> 2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?

See above ...

RwP