Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't activate ethernet card

Can't activate ethernet card

rte

Trying to run a natsemi 83815 card on a asus p4s533-e m/b. have googled and
asked asus - no answer yet. Card works okay on another computer . running
linux either rh9 or debian. probably bios but i can't find it. any
ideas/comments welcome. tia, rte
--
Experience is the knowledge that enables you to recognize a mistake when you
make it again.

OLT

Try updating the driver in device manager.

OLT wrote:

> Try updating the driver in device manager.
>

> rte wrote:
>> Trying to run a natsemi 83815 card on a asus p4s533-e m/b. have googled
>> and asked asus - no answer yet. Card works okay on another computer .
>> running linux either rh9 or debian. probably bios but i can't find it.
>> any ideas/comments welcome. tia, rte

Hi OLT,

Been there done that... tks for the reply - latest driver is compiles for
earlier kernel.. --force don't work. Still think bios related but i can't
find it and neither can asus. Card lights off automatically on other
computers - mostly Dell 'boards... DUH me. Suggestions open to, I am.
--
No flying machine will ever fly from New York to Paris ... [because] no
known motor can run at the requisite speed for four days without stopping.

— Orville Wright, circa 1908.

why?

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:04:56 +0000, rte wrote:

>Trying to run a natsemi 83815 card on a asus p4s533-e m/b. have googled and
>asked asus - no answer yet. Card works okay on another computer . running

<snip>

Did you need to start a new thread? It's only about 7 hours since you
las asked, and reposting tends to get ignored.

You were asked for some of this info that has been snipped from this
post earlier.

Me