Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AGENT Finger Trouble-HELP

AGENT Finger Trouble-HELP

John

After considerable time downloading MP3 files from the USENET utilizing OE ,
I decided to download FREE Agent to take advantage of the yENC posts I had
been missing. I have been told that AGENT is a snap to use and I was
encouraged.

The first download went well. I double clicked (selected ) a header (
entire song only visible as a single header) and after a short time the file
info box appeared in the top left corner , allowing me to SAVE the joined
pages as a single file to the folder of my choosing. I had just downloaded
my first yEnc post and thought all would be that easy. Not so. Apparently
not all postings are structured to be that easy.

My second attempt was not as successful , and I cannot determine what I am
doing wrong.
I selected the header in the group list , double clicked it and a normal
download process commenced.
Once the file was downloaded the info box I expected to see was replaced by
a complete page of coded text.
I assumed that I had not joined the pages so I joined the files, I thought,
but still no go ?

Cannot get it to work, suggestions ?

TIA

°Mike°

Press CTRL+R to make sure that you don't have RAW view
enabled - press again to change, if necessary.

In Group / Properties (or Default Properties), make sure that you
have the following checked:

Detect Uuencoded files automatically
Ignore Fragments
Detect YEnc files automatically
Join multipart messages when retrieving headers
Join multipart messages when saving or launching attachments
Burst digests into separate messages

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:17:55 GMT, in
<D3K8b.143288$(E-Mail Removed)>
John scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

JK_Deth

news3K8b.143288$(E-Mail Removed) ...

,
> I decided to download FREE Agent to take advantage of the yENC posts I

had
> been missing. I have been told that AGENT is a snap to use and I was
> encouraged.
>
> The first download went well. I double clicked (selected ) a header (
> entire song only visible as a single header) and after a short time the

file
> info box appeared in the top left corner , allowing me to SAVE the joined
> pages as a single file to the folder of my choosing. I had just downloaded
> my first yEnc post and thought all would be that easy. Not so. Apparently
> not all postings are structured to be that easy.
>
> My second attempt was not as successful , and I cannot determine what I am
> doing wrong.
> I selected the header in the group list , double clicked it and a normal
> download process commenced.
> Once the file was downloaded the info box I expected to see was replaced

by
> a complete page of coded text.
> I assumed that I had not joined the pages so I joined the files, I

thought,
> but still no go ?
>
> Cannot get it to work, suggestions ?
>
> TIA

FREE agent doesn't support yenc.

°Mike°

Hmm, I missed that before... Free Agent does not support
yEnc. You really should cough up for the full version.
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/features.php

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

John wrote:

> After considerable time downloading MP3 files from the USENET
> utilizing OE , I decided to download FREE Agent to take advantage of
> the yENC posts I had been missing. I have been told that AGENT is a
> snap to use and I was encouraged.
>
> The first download went well. I double clicked (selected ) a header (
> entire song only visible as a single header) and after a short time
> the file info box appeared in the top left corner , allowing me to
> SAVE the joined pages as a single file to the folder of my choosing.
> I had just downloaded my first yEnc post and thought all would be
> that easy. Not so. Apparently not all postings are structured to be
> that easy.
>
> My second attempt was not as successful , and I cannot determine what
> I am doing wrong.
> I selected the header in the group list , double clicked it and a
> normal download process commenced.
> Once the file was downloaded the info box I expected to see was
> replaced by a complete page of coded text.
> I assumed that I had not joined the pages so I joined the files, I
> thought, but still no go ?
>
> Cannot get it to work, suggestions ?
>
> TIA

For a *free* newsreader that easily 'does binaries'; I'd recommend
--
"Really free. Really easy."