Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer problem

Internet Explorer problem

Trev Dawson

Hi, I am having a problem when browsing the web with internet explorer.

If I go to a site the uses advertising, a lot of the ads don't show, they
just give 'unable to display page' message, if I want to go back from this
page to where I came I have to press the back button twice to get away from
the site.

Also, if I try to access a link that opens a new window that runs a
javascript, nothing appears in that window, i just get the javascript
instruction in the address bar.

I have disabled zone-alarm and pop-up-stopper (temporarily onl) and it still
doesn't help.

anybody got any advice please?

Thanks

Trev

°Mike°

Basic Computer Maintenance

Delete any unwanted cookies, also.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:24:40 +0000 (UTC), in
<bjvjsn$l86$(E-Mail Removed)>
Trev Dawson scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Shepİ

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:24:40 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
"Trev Dawson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Hi, I am having a problem when browsing the web with internet explorer.
>
>If I go to a site the uses advertising, a lot of the ads don't show, they
>just give 'unable to display page' message, if I want to go back from this
>page to where I came I have to press the back button twice to get away from
>the site.
>
>Also, if I try to access a link that opens a new window that runs a
>javascript, nothing appears in that window, i just get the javascript
>instruction in the address bar.
>
>I have disabled zone-alarm and pop-up-stopper (temporarily onl) and it still
>doesn't help.
>
>anybody got any advice please?
>
>Thanks
>
>Trev

Start/Run and type msinfo32/OK/Tools and if you have the
option:Internet Repair tool.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,