Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > restoring autorun in xp

restoring autorun in xp

al

Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry and the
line reads;
autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)

I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry ;O).
Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as well to total
(1)
A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
thanx
al

°Mike°

Yes. Zero means disabled, one means enabled.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:28:13 +0100, in
<4jC8b.124$(E-Mail Removed)>
al scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

MoreSleeP

"al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4jC8b.124$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry
> and the line reads;
> autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)
>
> I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry
> ;O). Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as
> well to total (1)
> A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
> appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
> thanx
> al

Hi al, right I checked my registry and the value in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\C drom is set to a 1.
Just double click on the value and set it to 1, as long as you change only
that value and nothing else, all should be fine. If you are still worried
about playing with the registry, try downloading TWEAKUI from microsoft, it
enables you to change lots of settings including the autorun feature
without having to touch the registry.

Have Fun.

al

Thanks. that tweak ui sounds like what I need. I`ll go get it,

"MoreSleeP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:4jC8b.124$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry
> > and the line reads;
> > autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)
> >
> > I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry
> > ;O). Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as
> > well to total (1)
> > A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
> > appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
> > thanx
> > al
> >

> Hi al, right I checked my registry and the value in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\C drom is set to a 1.
> Just double click on the value and set it to 1, as long as you change only
> that value and nothing else, all should be fine. If you are still worried
> about playing with the registry, try downloading TWEAKUI from microsoft,

it
> enables you to change lots of settings including the autorun feature
> without having to touch the registry.
>
> Have Fun.

al

Thanks Mike

> Yes. Zero means disabled, one means enabled.
>

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:28:13 +0100, in
> <4jC8b.124$(E-Mail Removed)>
> al scrawled:
>
> >Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry and

the
> >line reads;
> >autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)
> >
> >I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry

;O).
> >Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as well to

total
> >(1)
> >A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
> >appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
> >thanx
> >al
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:37:05 +0100, in
<74F8b.281$(E-Mail Removed)>
al scrawled:

>Thanks Mike

>> Yes. Zero means disabled, one means enabled.
>>

>> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:28:13 +0100, in
>> <4jC8b.124$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> al scrawled:
>>
>> >Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry and

>the
>> >line reads;
>> >autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)
>> >
>> >I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry

>;O).
>> >Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as well to

>total
>> >(1)
>> >A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
>> >appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
>> >thanx
>> >al
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Help with autorun.inf file. Big-Dave HTML 7 04-07-2004 11:52 PM
Autorun question wntw Computer Support 2 02-26-2004 11:32 AM
How can I repair CD autorun? Fidcal Computer Support 6 02-10-2004 04:41 PM
[autorun] Andy Computer Support 2 01-23-2004 02:29 AM
Autorun wntw Computer Support 1 11-16-2003 11:39 AM

Advertisments