Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost network connection

Lost network connection

John

Today I accidently kicked the plug for my router, and it shut down. I
plugged it back in, but I noticed my main computer lost the internet
connection. I powered down my modem, my router, and rebooted the two
computers connected to the router. I have a D-Link 704 wired router,
connected to a US Robotics cable modem. I'm running WINME on the main
computer, and Win98 on the second.

My second computer can connect no problem, but the main computer
cannot. I can't ping my router, nothing.....it cannot communicate
outside at all.

I plugged the cable modem directly into the computer, and it works
fine...that's how I'm writing this. I've rebooted, shutdown, renewed,
released ip addresses, but nothing can get my connection back again.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to reset my computer to bring it
back onto my network?

Anything else you need to know, let me know. Thanks for your help.
John

pcbutts1

Use the reset button then download the firmware update from D-Link.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...