Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Zone Alarm ???

Zone Alarm ???

Jumbo

I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing
between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and
why does it flash back and forth anyways.

Philip SC

The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA symbol,
there's none.

"Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sGl8b.440947$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
> I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
> However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing
> between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
> have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and
> why does it flash back and forth anyways.

Albert K.

> The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA
symbol,
> there's none.

duh.

> > have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon

and
> > why does it flash back and forth anyways.

I dunno, but look for an option to disable the animating icon (reminds me of
what I did in mIRC).
So RTFM

Albert.

.

Another option would be to hide the taskbar altogether if it is really
irritating you.
(Right click task bar - properties - tick box saying 'autohide taskbar')
CoDe.

"Albert K." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f61e8b6$0$58703$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> > The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA

> symbol,
> > there's none.

> duh.
>
> > > have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon

> and
> > > why does it flash back and forth anyways.

> I dunno, but look for an option to disable the animating icon (reminds me

of
> what I did in mIRC).
> So RTFM
>
> Albert.

---

d.c.

"Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sGl8b.440947$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
> I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
> However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing
> between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
> have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and
> why does it flash back and forth anyways.

Try not to look at it..

--

Snoop Dogg: Diary of a Pimp
http://tinyurl.com/9v29

-= Hawk =-

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:32:40 GMT, "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
>However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing

Life's such a bitch, isn't it?

>between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
>have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and

No, there's no way to remove it short of shutting ZA down.

>why does it flash back and forth anyways.

It's letting you know there's traffic on your connection.

--

Exxy is my hero!

Unknown

Why did you install it? You most certainly don't need it.