Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bad codec?

Bad codec?

coolie

Hey all, I recently started having a small square box dancing across my
screen when i'am watching certain movies. D/l a new codec recently but not
sure which one. Seems to be doing it for mpegs only. Went into audio
devices/audio codecs but not sure which one it is. Anyway to find out when
i'am playing the vid in media player?
Thx.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"coolie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93F3EBEAC4BFAurasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104 ...
> Hey all, I recently started having a small square box dancing across my
> screen when i'am watching certain movies. D/l a new codec recently but not
> sure which one. Seems to be doing it for mpegs only. Went into audio
> devices/audio codecs but not sure which one it is. Anyway to find out when
> i'am playing the vid in media player?
> Thx.

Download GSpot from http://www.headbands.com/gspot and find out what
codec is used to play it.