Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I.E.6

I.E.6

JK

Hi
I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of someone not being able
to Install IE 6 after Trying every bit of advise that is available. I
am running IE 5.5 and IE 6 refuses to install . The last thing I
tried was to install from the safe mode with no luck.

My PC is an HP with ME. ( PC is clean no viruses)

Thanks
JD

NoOne

"JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_88b.135534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of someone not being able
> to Install IE 6 after Trying every bit of advise that is available. I
> am running IE 5.5 and IE 6 refuses to install . The last thing I
> tried was to install from the safe mode with no luck.
>
> My PC is an HP with ME. ( PC is clean no viruses)
>
> Thanks
> JD

What error message do you get?
G.

°Mike°

You are running IE 5.5, but OE 6?

What do you mean by IE6 refuses to install? Be *precise*.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:06:37 GMT, in
<x_88b.135534$(E-Mail Removed)>
JK scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

JK

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsc98b.3602$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_88b.135534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of someone not being

able
> > to Install IE 6 after Trying every bit of advise that is

available. I
> > am running IE 5.5 and IE 6 refuses to install . The last thing I
> > tried was to install from the safe mode with no luck.
> >
> > My PC is an HP with ME. ( PC is clean no viruses)
> >
> > Thanks
> > JD
> >

> What error message do you get?
> G.

Its been a while and going from memory , there was no Error message
with a number, that would have been nice. I just got a message on the
screen that stated IE 6 Failed to install or something like that.
JD

Thund3rstruck

JK Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<x_88b.135534$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Hi
> I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of someone not being
> able
> to Install IE 6 after Trying every bit of advise that is available.
> am running IE 5.5 and IE 6 refuses to install . The last thing I
> tried was to install from the safe mode with no luck.
>
> My PC is an HP with ME. ( PC is clean no viruses)

What error messages does it throw up?

NOI