Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't read screen

Can't read screen

Lynn

I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
clear.

Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
about it?

It's weird.

Thank you,

Lynn

Greg M

Hold down the ctrl key and spin yer mouse wheel.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Lynn) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small
> and blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the
> writing is clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me
> if this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me
> what to do about it?

NoOne

"Lynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> about it?
>
> It's weird.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lynn

You say 'some' websites.....'so do you mean most are okay?
If all are blurred it could be a video drivers issue.
If it's the printing that's small, try this....
Hold down your Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse-wheel....'does it help?
Any change?
G.

NoOne

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BN78b.3184$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> > clear.
> >
> > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> > about it?
> >
> > It's weird.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Lynn

> You say 'some' websites.....'so do you mean most are okay?
> If all are blurred it could be a video drivers issue.
> If it's the printing that's small, try this....
> Hold down your Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse-wheel....'does it help?
> Any change?
> G.

Is it clear when you use a word processor?
(Can you read the text easily?)
G.

Robert Larson

dude,

you got a dell...hehehe

"Lynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> about it?
>
> It's weird.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lynn

trout

Lynn wrote:

> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> about it?
>
> It's weird.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lynn

Assuming you're using Internet Explorer: View; Text size.
--
"Or the Ctrl+wheel thing."

Kraftee

Lynn wrote:
> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing
> is clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to
> do about it?
>
> It's weird.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lynn

What type of monitor have you got.

If you've got a LCD screen make sure that you've got it set to the
preferred resolution..

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Petit Alexi

(E-Mail Removed) (Lynn) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> clear.
>
> Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> about it?
>
> It's weird.

Some websites set the font size in pixels. Changing the text size wont
work in those cases.

In Internet Explorer try

Tools > Accessibility > Ignore font sizes specified on web pages.

Lynn

Petit Alexi <(E-Mail Removed)9.invalid> wrote in message news:<Xns93F4607EC1C1Acwqf91b3invalid@216.196.97.1 31>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Lynn) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small and
> > blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the writing is
> > clear.
> >
> > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me if
> > this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me what to do
> > about it?
> >
> > It's weird.

> Some websites set the font size in pixels. Changing the text size wont
> work in those cases.
>
> In Internet Explorer try
>
> Tools > Accessibility > Ignore font sizes specified on web pages.

I'll try this . Thanks. The mouse spin seems to work, at least on
the pages I tried.

Lynn

Greg M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns93F3C8B249F59xooo2@216.196.97.132>...
> Hold down the ctrl key and spin yer mouse wheel.
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (Lynn) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > I have a new Dell with Windows XP. On many websites - including
> > help/support from Dell and Microsoft, the printing is so small
> > and blurred and absolutely faded, I can't read it. Some of the
> > writing is clear.
> >
> > Talked to Dell and the tech didn't help me. Can anyone tell me
> > if this is a Dell or Microsoft problem. Or can anyone tell me
> > what to do about it?

Thanks, it does work.

Lynn