Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PLEASE HELP! MY Yahoo password stopped working, and they don't believe me.

PLEASE HELP! MY Yahoo password stopped working, and they don't believe me.

L.C.

PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
“security question” correct, but apparently that
wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
stopped working.

Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

NoOne

"L.C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
> this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
> changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
> The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
> remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
> it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
> “security question” correct, but apparently that
> wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
> crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
> about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
> of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
> stopped working.
>
> Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
> there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
> Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

Yahoo? Real person? You have got to be joking! I've been trying to find a
real person for years!
One thing I should say is....'have you noticed the 'mistakes' in your post?
Make sure your keyboard is mapped correctly and double-check your Yahoo info
when typing it in!
You can't SEE the password when you type it, so type it into a text-file
first so you CAN see it, then Copy&Paste it into your Yahoo info. It just
might be that you ain't inputing the correct info.
HTH.
G.

SoManyHaters

It's easy to contact Yahoo, go to their homepage and click on contact us!

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s478b.2929$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "L.C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> > and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
> > this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
> > changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
> > The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
> > remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
> > it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
> > “security question” correct, but apparently that
> > wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
> > crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
> > about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
> > of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
> > stopped working.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
> > there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
> > Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

> Yahoo? Real person? You have got to be joking! I've been trying to find a
> real person for years!
> One thing I should say is....'have you noticed the 'mistakes' in your

post?
> Make sure your keyboard is mapped correctly and double-check your Yahoo

info
> when typing it in!
> You can't SEE the password when you type it, so type it into a text-file
> first so you CAN see it, then Copy&Paste it into your Yahoo info. It just
> might be that you ain't inputing the correct info.
> HTH.
> G.

trout

L.C. wrote:

> PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
> this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
> changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
> The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
> remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
> it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
> “security question” correct, but apparently that
> wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
> crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
> about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
> of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
> stopped working.
>
> Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
> there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
> Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

Um, yes; what *is* going on there? Have you recently changed your
font, charset, or encoding?
--
"Say, about ten days ago?"

pcbutts1

Your problem is your keyboard and check for viruses.

"L.C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
> this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
> changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
> The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
> remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
> it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
> “security question” correct, but apparently that
> wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
> crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
> about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
> of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
> stopped working.
>
> Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
> there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
> Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

Barry OGrady

On 11 Sep 2003 15:44:36 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (L.C.) wrote:

>PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
>and they don’t believe me.

What do you mean, "they don’t believe me."

>10 days ago when I first encountered
>this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
>changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
>The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
>remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
>it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
>“security question” correct, but apparently that
>wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
>crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
>about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
>of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
>stopped working.
>
>Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
>there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
>Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

What are the numbers for?

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

NoOne

"Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 11 Sep 2003 15:44:36 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (L.C.) wrote:
>
> >PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> >and they don’t believe me.

> What do you mean, "they don’t believe me."

LOL!!!!
G.

L.C.

Let me try this again -- I understand and appreciate your comments. I
first wrote my message in Word, then pasted it into Google. Too late,
I noticed that gibberish got inserted wherever there was an
apostrophe. Yahoo's failure to recognize my password happens on
multiple machines, home and work, so I don't think it's a keyboard,
mapping, or virus problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<oB98b.9071$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net>...
> Your problem is your keyboard and check for viruses.

> "L.C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > PLEASE HELP! My 5-year old Yahoo Password suddenly stopped working,
> > and they don’t believe me. 10 days ago when I first encountered
> > this, I was able to get them to generate a new password, but when I
> > changed that back to my original one, it all stopped working again.
> > The problem with Yahoo Help is that I couldn’t completely
> > remember my old alternate e-mail address, since I never used it, and
> > it has long since been discontinued by Hotmail. I did get the
> > “security question” correct, but apparently that
> > wasn’t enough. They also said my ZIP code was wrong, which is
> > crazy. I’ve volunteered all kinds of other unique knowledge
> > about the account, but no ice. I was wondering if they had some kind
> > of file corruption, since there has to be some reason the password
> > stopped working.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced something like this, and gotten it fixed? Is
> > there a real person, phone number, or alternate e-mail address with
> > Yahoo that could get me some help here? THANKS!

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as L.C. continued:

> Let me try this again -- I understand and appreciate your comments. I
> first wrote my message in Word, then pasted it into Google. Too late,
> I noticed that gibberish got inserted wherever there was an
> apostrophe. Yahoo's failure to recognize my password happens on
> multiple machines, home and work, so I don't think it's a keyboard,
> mapping, or virus problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

I haven't been able to access my Yahoo pop3 accounts or geoshitties
webspace for 2 months, might just let it die
--
slumpy
no more

bi241

hi,

same here, after a few months of not using one of my yahoo email,
yahoo account refused to recognise the correct password and keep
asking for a non-exsisting "correct" password. had i not trusted my
memory on the password (i got 20 different emails and passwords to
rememember) i might have thought that my brain had gone wacked.
chances are no password you try will work and chances are you might
not be able to ever get back that account.

here's the reasons:
a) when your old accounts are not used for a short period of time,
yahoo will assume that was not important to you and freeze it. when
you come back they will ask you to confirm your alternate email which
you didnt bother to give or they'll ask you for your personal
information which you dont even remember what you have entered.
b) if your account is frozen for no reason at all, then maybe yahoo
likes to take this opportunity to thank you for using yahoo and ask if
you are really... you

i dont remember who i said i was.... so there...LOL

oh yeah... new yahoo account has tougher security, it requires real
alternate email, longer procedure.. longer password...

definitely different than what it took 5 year ago to have a yahoo
account.. you miss the liberty back then, no?