Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ActiveX

ActiveX

Diana

Hi
I went to google to see if your group could help but found none so I
hope you don't mind my asking this again.

I keep getting this on pages I want to view:

"Your current security
settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
result,this page may not display correct.

I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools ,
internet options, security and advanced.

Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or an
Advanced tab so now what can I do??

Thanks for any and all help.

Diana

Boomer

Diana said:

> Hi
> I went to google to see if your group could help but found none
> so I hope you don't mind my asking this again.
>
> I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
>
> "Your current security
> settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
> result,this page may not display correct.
>
> I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools
> , internet options, security and advanced.
>
> Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or
> an Advanced tab so now what can I do??
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Diana

Try looking in Outlook Express> Tools> Options
Security tab

NoOne

"Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
news:3f60f450$0$12627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I went to google to see if your group could help but found none so I
> hope you don't mind my asking this again.
>
> I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
>
> "Your current security
> settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
> result,this page may not display correct.
>
> I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools ,
> internet options, security and advanced.
>
> Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or an
> Advanced tab so now what can I do??
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Diana

Look in the 'Advanced' tab and especially the Security settings in there!
Play around with these until you get the settings you want.
G.

Diana

I don't have those two tabs. I only have these:
General, Privacy, Content, Connections and Programs.

Thanks for trying I do appreciate it

Diana
"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N878b.2967$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
> news:3f60f450$0$12627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I went to google to see if your group could help but found none so

> > hope you don't mind my asking this again.
> >
> > I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
> >
> > "Your current security
> > settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
> > result,this page may not display correct.
> >
> > I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools ,
> > internet options, security and advanced.
> >
> > Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or an
> > Advanced tab so now what can I do??
> >
> > Thanks for any and all help.
> >
> > Diana
> >

> Look in the 'Advanced' tab and especially the Security settings in

there!
> Play around with these until you get the settings you want.
> G.

Diana

Hi Boomer,
I just did as you ask and I have a dot in the hole for internet zone,
more functional less secure and one on the one to let me know if
someone is trying to send mail as me.

Di
news:3f60feef$0$51635$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Diana said:
>
> > Hi
> > I went to google to see if your group could help but found none
> > so I hope you don't mind my asking this again.
> >
> > I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
> >
> > "Your current security
> > settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
> > result,this page may not display correct.
> >
> > I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools
> > , internet options, security and advanced.
> >
> > Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or
> > an Advanced tab so now what can I do??
> >
> > Thanks for any and all help.
> >
> > Diana

> Try looking in Outlook Express> Tools> Options
> Security tab

NoOne

Okay, go for the Privacy tab now....'it's more than possible that's where
the 'problem' is.
G.

"Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
news:3f60ff3c$0$52179$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't have those two tabs. I only have these:
> General, Privacy, Content, Connections and Programs.
>
> Thanks for trying I do appreciate it
>
> Diana
> "NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:N878b.2967$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
> > news:3f60f450$0$12627$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > > I went to google to see if your group could help but found none so

> > > hope you don't mind my asking this again.
> > >
> > > I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
> > >
> > > "Your current security
> > > settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
> > > result,this page may not display correct.
> > >
> > > I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to tools ,
> > > internet options, security and advanced.
> > >
> > > Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab or an
> > > Advanced tab so now what can I do??
> > >
> > > Thanks for any and all help.
> > >
> > > Diana
> > >

> > Look in the 'Advanced' tab and especially the Security settings in

> there!
> > Play around with these until you get the settings you want.
> > G.

Boomer

Diana said:

> Hi Boomer,
> I just did as you ask and I have a dot in the hole for internet
> zone, more functional less secure and one on the one to let me
> know if someone is trying to send mail as me.

Maybe this link will help you further:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...upport.microso
ft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q291/3/87.asp&NoWebContent=1

Or click this shorter link (you might want to print this page out):

http://tinyurl.com/e2ba

Does this help?

> Di
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f60feef$0$51635$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> Diana said:
>>
>> > Hi
>> > I went to google to see if your group could help but found
>> > none so I hope you don't mind my asking this again.
>> >
>> > I keep getting this on pages I want to view:
>> >
>> > "Your current security
>> > settings prohibit running activex on this page. As a
>> > result,this page may not display correct.
>> >
>> > I have Win98 and use IE6. The directions tell me to go to
>> > tools , internet options, security and advanced.
>> >
>> > Problem is my Internet Options does not have a Security tab
>> > or an Advanced tab so now what can I do??
>> >
>> > Thanks for any and all help.
>> >
>> > Diana

>> Try looking in Outlook Express> Tools> Options
>> Security tab

°Mike°

Open your registry editor at the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+Software
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Software
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

In the right hand window of either of the above keys, do you
have the values:

SecurityTab
AdvancedTab

?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:08:34 -0400, in
<3f60ff3c$0$52179$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Diana

Thanks ,
I have one function under that tab and it is how to receive cookies
and I have to accept all.

Di
"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Al78b.3015$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Okay, go for the Privacy tab now....'it's more than possible that's

where
> the 'problem' is.
> G.
>

> "Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
> news:3f60ff3c$0$52179$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I don't have those two tabs. I only have these:
> > General, Privacy, Content, Connections and Programs.
> >
> > Thanks for trying I do appreciate it
> >
> > Diana
> > "NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:N878b.2967$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "Diana" <(H)(U)(G)(S)> wrote in message
> > > news:3f60f450$0$12627$(E-Mail Removed)...

none so

tools ,

an

> > > Look in the 'Advanced' tab and especially the Security settings

in
> > there!
> > > Play around with these until you get the settings you want.
> > > G.

°Mike°

No, it's not. That's for cookies.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:16:01 +0100, in