Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Internet Security

Norton Internet Security

Gavin

Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.

Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but cant
see anything.

Specs are:

Intel P4 Laptop 3.06Ghz
ATI Radeon Mobiltity Graphics
Windows XP Professional
Norton Internet Security 2003

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Gavin.

***Remove "NOSPAMREMOVETOREPLY!" to reply***

Miggsee

Dump everthing named Norton!

eTrust antivirus
www.my-eTrust.com $25 dollars
www.grisoft.com Free antivirus

ZoneAlarm firewall
www.zonealarm.com Free

"Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjnpeq$4h3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
> halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
> Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.
>
> Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but

cant
> see anything.
>

> Specs are:
>
> Intel P4 Laptop 3.06Ghz
> ATI Radeon Mobiltity Graphics
> Windows XP Professional
> Norton Internet Security 2003
>

> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Gavin.
>

> ***Remove "NOSPAMREMOVETOREPLY!" to reply***

Kim

Turn off the fire wall in norton security

"Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjnpeq$4h3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
> halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
> Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.
>
> Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but

cant
> see anything.
>

> Specs are:
>
> Intel P4 Laptop 3.06Ghz
> ATI Radeon Mobiltity Graphics
> Windows XP Professional
> Norton Internet Security 2003
>

> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Gavin.
>

> ***Remove "NOSPAMREMOVETOREPLY!" to reply***

Plato

Gavin wrote:

> Hi i have a problem whereby Internet Explorer stops working (IE comes to a
> halt), however whenever i disable Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti
> Virus, and refresh the page, everything starts up again.
>
> Is this a common problem? I have had a look on the Symantec website but cant
> see anything.

I just got this dog from the pound and it keeps biting me. When I put
him in the shed I dont get bit. What should I do?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Gavin

I think i get it now, cheers.