Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with settings for Internet Explorer

Help with settings for Internet Explorer

Mike Niemotka

Hi,

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer 5.5 and was hoping
someone knew how to locate and change the setting that controls it.

I use a website, and when I click on one of the buttons on the site,
it should start a download of a .csv file. In the past, the dialog
box would open that would allow me to name the file, and locate where
it would be saved.

Now, for some reason, the dialog box flickers up, and then disappears
, and the file is opened up in Excel.

Is there someway (setting) that controls this?

Thanks

Mike

Philip SC

> I am having a problem with Internet Explorer 5.5 and was hoping
> someone knew how to locate and change the setting that controls it.
>
> I use a website, and when I click on one of the buttons on the site,
> it should start a download of a .csv file. In the past, the dialog
> box would open that would allow me to name the file, and locate where
> it would be saved.
>
> Now, for some reason, the dialog box flickers up, and then disappears
> , and the file is opened up in Excel.
>
> Is there someway (setting) that controls this?

A short-term solution to the problem would be to right-click on the link and
select the option 'Save target as...'. I'm sure you'll find this works for
you until someone lets you know the more permanent left-click solution.

dude1968

Hello,

depending on your security settings you might have disabled "file download".

Set this accordingly and you're set.

Best

Alex Felke

"Mike Niemotka" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with Internet Explorer 5.5 and was hoping
> someone knew how to locate and change the setting that controls it.
>
> I use a website, and when I click on one of the buttons on the site,
> it should start a download of a .csv file. In the past, the dialog
> box would open that would allow me to name the file, and locate where
> it would be saved.
>
> Now, for some reason, the dialog box flickers up, and then disappears
> , and the file is opened up in Excel.
>
> Is there someway (setting) that controls this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

°Mike°

In Windows Explorer... Folder Options / File Types.
Scroll down to the .csv type and double click on it.
Check 'Confirm open after download'.

Reboot.

On 10 Sep 2003 07:26:06 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >