Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with the messages posted

Help with the messages posted

miah_xx

I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not interested
in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no way
of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
items please?

Maria

Sentient Fluid

"miah_xx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMD7b.79$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not

interested
> in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no

way
> of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
> items please?

Right click on the newsgroup and choose "Catch Up"

--
Goes good with fries, as well...

Cynthia Nollner

Tools/options/maintenance/clean up now click on your choice.
I guess it is the same in OE5.

Cynthia

"miah_xx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMD7b.79$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not

interested
> in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no

way
> of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
> items please?
>
> Maria

Paul - xxx

miah_xx tried to scribble ...

> I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not
> interested in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There
> appears to be no way of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I
> get rid of these unwanted items please?
>
> Maria

Right - click on the news server name, possibly news.ntlworld.com select
'Remove Account'

If you still want to keep the newsgroups, try right clicking a highlighted
group with many messages in it, select 'catch-up'.

Or try right clicking a highlighted group with many messages in it, select
Properties - Local File .. click the button that best suits what you need ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx
Seti 1947 wu in 14832 hours

alexstarr

"miah_xx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMD7b.79$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not

interested
> in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no

way
> of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
> items please?
>
> Maria

Or you can create a message rule.
To do this you click on tools,
then where you see message rules, select news from scroll, and make a new
rule,
you can delete all messages from a specific newsgroup, from any date you
like for instance any message that is more than 2 days old as an example...