Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has closed and windows needs to shut down!!!!!!!

(RPC)Remote Procedure Call has closed and windows needs to shut down!!!!!!!

fokker

I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens is
that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and webpages, i
get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being disabled.
(RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will now close.
your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
prevent this.?
Thank you.

Réjean Dutil

It looks as the "MSBLAST" virus.

Rejean

"fokker" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens is
> that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and webpages, i
> get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being disabled.
> (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will now close.
> your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
> prevent this.?
> Thank you.

trout

fokker wrote:

> I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens
> is that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and
> webpages, i get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being
> disabled. (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will
> now close. your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any
> ideas how to prevent this.?
> Thank you.

A couple of the usual suspects:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp>

What you should know about the Blaster worm
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp>
--
"Welcome to Earth. Enjoy your visit."

Miss Louise Kostewicz

You have the MSBlaster virus, For further instructions Goto
http://www.freeserve.com/help/id/615...ates#section_2

"fokker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens is
> that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and webpages, i
> get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being disabled.
> (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will now close.
> your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
> prevent this.?
> Thank you.

Rob Burghdoff

http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster

--

Rob Burghdoff
HelpDesk Lead
"fokker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens is
> that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and webpages, i
> get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being disabled.
> (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will now close.
> your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
> prevent this.?
> Thank you.

Fokker

"Rob Burghdoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster

Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and dloaded
the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as the
instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve the
message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone may
know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It would
be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
have the virus.
Thank you

trout

Fokker wrote:

> "Rob Burghdoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster
>>

> Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
> problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and dloaded
> the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
> that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as the
> instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
> searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve the
> message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
> chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone may
> know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It would
> be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
> have the virus.
> Thank you

It could be a variant; or just something similar. You still haven't
mentioned *which* OS you are using, which might narrow it down. At any
rate, I assume you've downloaded all security patches for your system?
You also don't mention which regular (if any!) anti-virus program
you use. You could check your findings with an on-line scan:
<http://housecall.antivirus.com/>
--
"Good luck."

Fokker

"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bjodgs$khvv4$1@ID-
179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Fokker wrote:
>
>> "Rob Burghdoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster
>>>

>> Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
>> problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and

dloaded
>> the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
>> that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as

the
>> instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
>> searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve

the
>> message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
>> chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone

may
>> know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It

would
>> be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
>> have the virus.
>> Thank you

> It could be a variant; or just something similar. You still

haven't
> mentioned *which* OS you are using, which might narrow it down. At

any
> rate, I assume you've downloaded all security patches for your

system?
> You also don't mention which regular (if any!) anti-virus

program
> you use. You could check your findings with an on-line scan:
> <http://housecall.antivirus.com/>

Thank you for your help, and sorry for not giving enough detail, but
im running norton av 2003 on windows xp with norton personal firewall
aswell.