Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroup problem!

Newsgroup problem!

Claude

hello everyone!

A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available on the
server:

alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have posted
twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news account, reset
the list and no solution so far!

Can you help me?

Thanks

Claude

Gazwad

Claude wrote:

| hello everyone!
|
| A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available
| on the server:
|
| alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
|
| Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have
| posted twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
| I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news
| account, reset the list and no solution so far!
|
| Can you help me?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude

try this one alt.binaries.pictures.oral
HTH

--
Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.
Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
Moderator: alt.warez.uk

http://snurl.com/21kc

Boomer

Claude said:

> hello everyone!
>
> A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup
> available on the server:
>
> alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
>
> Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have
> posted twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
> I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news
> account, reset the list and no solution so far!
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Claude

Hi

I show 247 messages there. From September 4th to today. Call your
ISP again. Ask them what they show on that group.
Maybe they don't have their newsserver configures properly.

bb3

"Claude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f5e258b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello everyone!
>
> A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available on

the
> server:
>
> alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
>
> Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have posted
> twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
> I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news account,

reset
> the list and no solution so far!
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Claude

alt.binaries.pictures.orchids works fine on my server. I show about 283
posts since 5 September. I don't show, however, any posts from you (TINY)
if you're using the same name to post there (TINT) as you are here (TINH).
A Google Groups search doesn't help because they don't archive binaries. I
think your best bet is to keep badgering your ISP.

Claude

Hi again!

I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to their list.
They told me the only solution will be to find another news server who carry
this group!
I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
Can you help me?

Thanks

Claude

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:91q7b.135288$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Claude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:3f5e258b$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > hello everyone!
| >
| > A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available on
| the
| > server:
| >
| > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
| >
| > Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have posted
| > twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
| > I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news account,
| reset
| > the list and no solution so far!
| >
| > Can you help me?
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Claude
| >

| alt.binaries.pictures.orchids works fine on my server. I show about 283
| posts since 5 September. I don't show, however, any posts from you (TINY)
| if you're using the same name to post there (TINT) as you are here (TINH).
| A Google Groups search doesn't help because they don't archive binaries.
| think your best bet is to keep badgering your ISP.

Ionizer

That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT empty.

My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries newsgroups,
but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup since Sunday, which is
as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will let me go.

There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone else will
no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.

Regards,
Ian.

"Claude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi again!
>
> I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
> They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to their

list.
> They told me the only solution will be to find another news server who

carry
> this group!
> I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Claude
>
> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:91q7b.135288$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | "Claude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:3f5e258b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > hello everyone!
> | >
> | > A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available

on
> | the
> | > server:
> | >
> | > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
> | >
> | > Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have

posted
> | > twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
> | > I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news account,
> | reset
> | > the list and no solution so far!
> | >
> | > Can you help me?
> | >
> | > Thanks
> | >
> | > Claude
> | >

> | alt.binaries.pictures.orchids works fine on my server. I show about 283
> | posts since 5 September. I don't show, however, any posts from you

(TINY)
> | if you're using the same name to post there (TINT) as you are here

(TINH).
> | A Google Groups search doesn't help because they don't archive binaries.
> | think your best bet is to keep badgering your ISP.

Ionizer

"Gazwad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

more stupid crap

Hirotsugu Iman

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Ionizer wrote:

| That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT
| empty.
|
| My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries
| newsgroups, but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup since
| Sunday, which is as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will let me
| go.
|
| There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone else
| will no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.
|
| Regards,
| Ian.

If you were not such a brain-dead **** you might have advised claude to try
teranews or astranews.
Both are good for binaries and both have free accounts up for grabs.

If the 50MB per day allowance isn't enough for claude then astranews sell
25GB worth of downloads for 10 bucks.

But then you wouldn't have the mental capacity to even bother researching
this would you.

--
Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.
Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
Moderator: alt.warez.uk

http://snurl.com/21kc

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hirotsugu Iman continued:

This post deserves the ****off award for September.
It's been awarded early so you can ****off now.
--
slumpy
no more

Keh Carstensen

slumpy wrote:

| "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
| I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hirotsugu Iman
| continued:
|
|| NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
|| No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
|| --------------------------------------------------------
|| Ionizer wrote:
||| That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT
||| empty.
||| My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries
||| newsgroups, but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup
||| since Sunday, which is as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will
||| let me go.
||| There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone
||| else will no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.
||| Regards,
||| Ian.
|| If you were not such a brain-dead **** you might have advised claude
|| to try teranews or astranews.
|| Both are good for binaries and both have free accounts up for grabs.
|| If the 50MB per day allowance isn't enough for claude then astranews
|| sell 25GB worth of downloads for 10 bucks.
|| But then you wouldn't have the mental capacity to even bother
|| researching this would you.
|
| This post deserves the ****off award for September.
| It's been awarded early so you can ****off now.
| --
| slumpy
| no more
| no less
| just slumpy

YHBT

--
Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.
Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
Moderator: alt.warez.uk

http://snurl.com/21kc

Re: Bulk Newsgroup Poster - amazing result Malke Wireless Networking 0 01-17-2005 01:35 AM
Newsgroup question Chris Firefox 1 11-24-2003 12:45 PM
Is it possible to display newsgroup names not shortened? Jarmo P Firefox 1 10-08-2003 10:10 AM
Thunderbird Newsgroup? Dale Firefox 8 10-06-2003 02:02 PM

Advertisments