Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > shutdown problem

shutdown problem

Paul

Can anyone help. When i shutdown i get a message - Explorer This program has
performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Unfortunately it doesnt
shut down so i have to turn off manually which results in scan disk running
when i start up next time.Many thanks if you have any ideas.

Miggsee

If you state what operating system you are using, you might get a great help
solution!

news:bjj1af$4a5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help. When i shutdown i get a message - Explorer This program

has
> performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Unfortunately it doesnt
> shut down so i have to turn off manually which results in scan disk

running
> when i start up next time.Many thanks if you have any ideas.

Paul

Yes of course my mistake !!! Im using windows 98
"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjj205$jrl75$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> If you state what operating system you are using, you might get a great

help
> solution!

> news:bjj1af$4a5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone help. When i shutdown i get a message - Explorer This program

> has
> > performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Unfortunately it

doesnt
> > shut down so i have to turn off manually which results in scan disk

> running
> > when i start up next time.Many thanks if you have any ideas.

Miggsee

Try this site, Paul! Jim Eshelman is the definitive shutdown problem
solution.

Good Luck, and post back if you have problems. Please list what you have
tried if unsuccessful.

I doubt you'll have troubles!

news:bjj279$gh9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes of course my mistake !!! Im using windows 98
> "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bjj205$jrl75$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > If you state what operating system you are using, you might get a great

> help
> > solution!
> >
> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bjj1af$4a5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Can anyone help. When i shutdown i get a message - Explorer This

program
> > has
> > > performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Unfortunately it

> doesnt
> > > shut down so i have to turn off manually which results in scan disk

> > running
> > > when i start up next time.Many thanks if you have any ideas.

Miggsee

It would help if I gave you the link <VBEG>
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjj31g$jo7b5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Try this site, Paul! Jim Eshelman is the definitive shutdown problem
> solution.
>
> Good Luck, and post back if you have problems. Please list what you have
> tried if unsuccessful.
>
> I doubt you'll have troubles!

> news:bjj279$gh9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes of course my mistake !!! Im using windows 98
> > "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bjj205$jrl75$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > If you state what operating system you are using, you might get a

great
> > help
> > > solution!
> > >
> > > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bjj1af$4a5$(E-Mail Removed)...

> program
> > > has

> > doesnt
> > > running

Steven

i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work etc and
press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power off not the right
way but there ya go its a bit quicker

Miggsee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjj33v$jqdbn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> It would help if I gave you the link <VBEG>
> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>
> "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bjj31g$jo7b5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Try this site, Paul! Jim Eshelman is the definitive shutdown problem
> > solution.
> >
> > Good Luck, and post back if you have problems. Please list what you have
> > tried if unsuccessful.
> >
> > I doubt you'll have troubles!
> >

> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bjj279$gh9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes of course my mistake !!! Im using windows 98
> > > "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bjj205$jrl75$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> great
> > > help

> > program

it
> > > doesnt

disk

Boomer

Steven said:

> i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
> etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
> off not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

Why tell Miggsee this?
Paul had the problem.

> Miggsee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bjj33v$jqdbn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> It would help if I gave you the link <VBEG>
>> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>>
>> "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bjj31g$jo7b5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> > Try this site, Paul! Jim Eshelman is the definitive shutdown
>> > problem solution.
>> >
>> > Good Luck, and post back if you have problems. Please list
>> > what you have tried if unsuccessful.
>> >
>> > I doubt you'll have troubles!
>> >

>> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:bjj279$gh9$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> great

>> > program

> it

> disk

Miggsee

news:3f5e7f44$0$51622$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Steven said:
>
> > i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
> > etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
> > off not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

> Why tell Miggsee this?
> Paul had the problem.

LOL! Thanks, Boomer!

Boomer

Miggsee said:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f5e7f44$0$51622$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> Steven said:
>>
>> > i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
>> > etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
>> > off not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

>> Why tell Miggsee this?
>> Paul had the problem.

> LOL! Thanks, Boomer!

I think people just like to talk to you, Miggsee.

YW