Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > O E 6 adress book

O E 6 adress book

cliff

Hi

I save addresses in my address book in outlook express 6 then after I have
closed down the computer and reboot they have all gone ...any ideas?

Cliff

trout

cliff wrote:

> Hi
>
> I save addresses in my address book in outlook express 6 then after I
> have closed down the computer and reboot they have all gone ...any
> ideas?
>
> Cliff

Since this is your third attempt with this problem; I suppose you
need to supply a bit more information.
As always: What is your Operating System?
Do you have more than one "identity" in OE?
Do you have (for whatever reason) more than one address book installed
(do a 'find' for *.wab files)?
--
"Maybe the third time will be the charm."

cliff

right I'm running windows me and have two accounts both blueyonder and my
search only brought up the one yet again empty address book. Any help please

news:bjinoi$jfjig$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

cliff wrote:

> right I'm running windows me and have two accounts both blueyonder
> and my search only brought up the one yet again empty address book.
> Any help please

Any chance you've tucked them into a group or subfolder?
(In the address book) click on View, and check Folders and Groups.
--
"Likely not that simple, but it's my bedtime, 'here'."

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bjinoi$jfjig$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> cliff wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I save addresses in my address book in outlook express 6 then after
>>> I have closed down the computer and reboot they have all gone ...any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> Cliff

>> Since this is your third attempt with this problem; I suppose you
>> need to supply a bit more information.
>> As always: What is your Operating System?
>> Do you have more than one "identity" in OE?
>> Do you have (for whatever reason) more than one address book
>> installed (do a 'find' for *.wab files)?
>> --
>> "Maybe the third time will be the charm."

cliff

no not there but thanx for suggestion

news:bjkaqj$jsjj8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

cliff wrote:

> no not there but thanx for suggestion

I don't know what else to suggest; other than to try a "repair" of
IE/OE. If you'd like to try; double click "Microsoft Internet
Explorer..." in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and select
Repair.