Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ConnectPRO, Front Panel Ports and Memory Card Readers

ConnectPRO, Front Panel Ports and Memory Card Readers

Iggy35

I recently had a new computer that has a smartmedia slot under the floppy
drive.
How the hell does it work?
Do i need a program to use it with?
Just putting the card in and clicking on the drive doesnt do it.
It just says "the disk is not formatted..do you want to format it now?"
I dont wanna format over all my pictures so i say no.
and the nothing.
Hope someone can help!

IGGY

Swipe

> Hope someone can help!
>
> IGGY

snip

Would this have something to do with the fact that the camera may use
a propriatary filing system and not FAT?

Try archiving your pictures off first using the supplied data cable..
Usually this is a usb connection (Little dainty thing, either on front
or back of big box...)

THEN try formatting the MMC card...

or you could try the old favourite of RTFM..

Iggy35

Anyone???

"Iggy35" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fU6b.7023$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently had a new computer that has a smartmedia slot under the floppy
> drive.
> How the hell does it work?
> Do i need a program to use it with?
> Just putting the card in and clicking on the drive doesnt do it.
> It just says "the disk is not formatted..do you want to format it now?"
> I dont wanna format over all my pictures so i say no.
> and the nothing.
> Hope someone can help!
>
> IGGY

Ed

"Iggy35" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41l8b.7669$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > I recently had a new computer

> > Hope someone can help!

> Anyone???

If it's a new system then consult the manual, call the manufacturer, or
check their web site. You should have some level of in-warranty support.

Good luck.