Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > jdbgmgr.exe?????

jdbgmgr.exe?????

Pete

I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus and
will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone that has
been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said that
his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others and
since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.

Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

Me

Try typing jdbgmgr.exe into http://www.google.ca/ and see what you get.

Pete wrote:

> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus and
> will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone that has
> been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said that
> his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others and
> since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

doS

HOAX

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus and
> will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone that

has
> been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said

that
> his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others

and
> since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

Steven

its a fake alert dont delete it.

Pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus and
> will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone that

has
> been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said

that
> his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others

and
> since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

rgm

Educate Yourself

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...file.hoax.html

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus

and
> will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone

that has
> been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said

that
> his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected

others and
> since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

°Mike°

It's the notorious 'Teddy Bear' hoax.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...file.hoax.html
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html
http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99436.htm
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm
http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...gmgr-virus.htm

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Pete scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Shel-hed

This is a good time to learn to use your killfilter.
Plonk the sucker.

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus and
>will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone that has
>been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He said that
>his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others and
>since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
>Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

Thund3rstruck

Pete Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus
> and
> will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone
> that has
> been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He
> said that his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it
> infected others and
> since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
>
> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

Ignore it. It's a hoax. www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm

HTH.

NOI

-= Hawk =-

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

> What Should I Do.

Immediately format your drive, after that take the computer outside
and cover it in 1 cup of gasoline, cook until well done. Then bury the
remains and salt the earth over the grave.

--

Exxy is my hero!

Zknb

Set up a fliter to place all mail received from this person
automaticly into the trash.